Hi, I have been recommended for 4 different tube amps:

Bugera 6260 2x12 combo ($600)

Bugera 6262 2x12 combo ($650)

Bugera 333 2x12 combo ($650)

The 4th is a Mesa (I don't know which ones are in my price range USED). What Mesa do you guys recommend?

I'm definitely going to try going used. But I don't know what's best out of the 4 amps.

I play death, black, thrash, and heavy metal. My budget is $700 max.

THANKS!
Mark IV if your wanting Mesa.... I would also suggest a Peavey Ultra or XXX there highly versatile and can accomplish what your looking for with ease. Also the ultra channel has a mesa feel to it.
I need death metal gain. My budget is $700 max and I don't mind used. Will I need an overdrive pedal with any of these amps for death metal gain?
wouldn't go with bugera personally, heard alot of quality issues. personally i'd get a used 6505 its the same as the 6262 just better built. i dont think you'll find a used mesa in that price range.
Quote by jw3092
wouldn't go with bugera personally, heard alot of quality issues. personally i'd get a used 6505 its the same as the 6262 just better built. i dont think you'll find a used mesa in that price range.

Yeah thats what you heard. But the truth is they have as much problems as other amps may have. I've had mine for 7 months now and not a SINGLE problem with it. most of the problems have to do with tubes being the stock tubes are cheap. other than that not many other problems just tubes arriving doa. but no problems with the actual amp.

6262 is a solid amp. try it out.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
used 5150, or the bugera 6260. mark IV would work well, but does it get to death metal gian? i dont know.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Makes sense. I am really thinking of getting a Bugera but I don't know which is better: the 6260, 6262, or 333. The 6260 is $50 cheaper than the other 2 which are the same price. Will I need an overdrive to pedal with the Bugera to get death metal? I've heard that you easily get metal gain, but not death metal gain. So which overdrive pedal and how much gain do I use with the pedal and amp to get it to death metal extreme gain. I have never used or had a tube amp before. So I need a little help. And should I replace the tubes in the Bugera if I buy it? I never changed tubes before so is it easy or I need professional help to be on the safer side? How much are good tubes for a reasonable price?

Thanks.
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
Makes sense. I am really thinking of getting a Bugera but I don't know which is better: the 6260, 6262, or 333. The 6260 is $50 cheaper than the other 2 which are the same price. Will I need an overdrive to pedal with the Bugera to get death metal? I've heard that you easily get metal gain, but not death metal gain. So which overdrive pedal and how much gain do I use with the pedal and amp to get it to death metal extreme gain. I have never used or had a tube amp before. So I need a little help. And should I replace the tubes in the Bugera if I buy it? I never changed tubes before so is it easy or I need professional help to be on the safer side? How much are good tubes for a reasonable price?

Thanks.

By the way, versatality is not a big issue for me. If it can play metal, death metal, thrash, or black metal, I'm fine. If I need to tweek with it too much to get a "death metal sound", that's a problem. If it has bad cleans, I'm fine because I'm only gonna be maxing out the distortion into death and black metal land.

Thanks.
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
By the way, versatality is not a big issue for me. If it can play metal, death metal, thrash, or black metal, I'm fine. If I need to tweek with it too much to get a "death metal sound", that's a problem. If it has bad cleans, I'm fine because I'm only gonna be maxing out the distortion into death and black metal land.

Thanks.

Also, I have no idea which is better for my music style (death and black metal): The Bugera 6262, or Bugera 333. The reason I'm asking this is cuz they are the same price.

Thanks.
Quote by MetalMan-93
Go with 333 BUT the XL version...or 6262...333xl has 3 channels tho . .

I guess 6262 is what I'll go with. That's $650 where I live and most places in the U.S. I'll try to buy a used one though. I heard you don't get death metal gain from it but you do get metal. Would I be able to fix this with an overdrive pedal? If yes, what pedal should I buy? And what gain setting would I have to put on my amp and my pedal?

Thanks!
Is the 6262 better for the price than the 333XL? What's the difference between those two, other than the fact it has 3 channels.

The 333XL is $700, while the 6262 is $650.

I'm definitely gonna try going used.

If I buy any of these, should I change the tubes? If yes, what tubes are good for a reasonable price. Remember, I need extremely high gain.

Thanks.
Quote by MetalMan-93
Go with 333 BUT the XL version...or 6262...333xl has 3 channels tho . .

I guess 6262 is what I'll go with. That's $650 where I live and most places in the U.S. I'll try to buy a used one though. I heard you don't get death metal gain from it but you do get metal. Would I be able to fix this with an overdrive pedal? If yes, what pedal should I buy? And what gain setting would I have to put on my amp and my pedal?

Thanks!