i have an epiphone g-400, and its awesome. the other day, i made a bar chord on the B and high E strings... and it sounded like crap. so i tried a power chord on those two... crap. so i think, ok its outta tune. check the tuning. nope its fine. ok then, its the intonation. so i check all the intonations, and all of them are fine except for the high E. the twelfth fret is haflway between an E and Eb. so i start adjusting the bridge for the string.. nothing happens. i go further. nothing happens again. i go ALL the way i can with the screw. not a single thing happens. i go ALL the way the other way with the screw. not a single thing happens.

for some reason, it doesnt matter where the bridge is for my high E string, the intonation doesn't change. the actual open tuning of the string doesnt change either!

so... plz help. i would like my guitar to sound right . im thinking i could possibly just need new strings, but not sure. any help is appreciated.
so your saying its the strings... which i kinda thought it could be. i just dont understand how the tuning of the string never changes even though im making it longer and shorter >.>
yeah change the strings u should do a full setup of neck adjustment/ bridge adjustment and intonation when putting on new strings to get ur guitar setup with the new strings
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
alright i guess i'll be changing the strings then... and if that doesnt work then i'll be back too bad i only have a set of lightgauge strings :S think the high e is a 9.. oh well lol
did you retune the string every time you adjusted the bridge? you need to do that in order to get the intonation accurate.
your string might be so low that it's not getting picked up correctly by the tuner or is in the wrong octave.

use your ear, compare it to this...
http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/

get it close to that tone then try to tune the open string again.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by food1010
did you retune the string every time you adjusted the bridge? you need to do that in order to get the intonation accurate.

yeah you see thats the weird thing im asking about.... i adjusted the bridge and NOTHING HAPPENED. the string was still in tune! and the intonation was exactly the same as before... flat. *shrug*
Quote by jj1565
your string might be so low that it's not getting picked up correctly by the tuner or is in the wrong octave.

use your ear, compare it to this...
http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/

get it close to that tone then try to tune the open string again.

i have a tuner... im pretty sure the string is open tuned correctly. lol. its not hard to read a screen :P