EDIT: Thanksss. What would be the best type of humbucker pickups for metal sound?

Ok so. I just got a new guitar and i'm looking for RED pickups (like colored red). Where can i find good metal sounding RED pickups? Or should i not do that and just get good metal pickups and paint them red? IF so. How do i go about doing that?

Thanksss

I'm looking to put them on my Bc rich AVENGERRR
ALPACA! NOT LLAMA!
Last edited by Squabblism at Oct 18, 2008,
Dimarzio makes pickups in any color you like.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah, dimarzio makes coloured pickups. so do swineshead (which'd be a good choice if you're in europe).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks. What would the best kind of metal humbuckers be though?
ALPACA! NOT LLAMA!
what type of metal? what's your amp? are you in europe or the USA (or elsewhere)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what type of metal? what's your amp? are you in europe or the USA (or elsewhere)?

Uh. Along the lines of Trivium and COB. I know they both sound different. But they're my favorite. my amp is a ling y spider III. but i'm gonna be getting a new one. USA.
ALPACA! NOT LLAMA!
new amp first
which amps are you considering? got a budget?
then if you still dont like your tone you can change the pickups later
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Squabblism
Uh. Along the lines of Trivium and COB. I know they both sound different. But they're my favorite. my amp is a ling y spider III. but i'm gonna be getting a new one. USA.

do not buy new pickups if you play through that amp. You will not notice anything better in the tone department.
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
new amp first
which amps are you considering? got a budget?
then if you still dont like your tone you can change the pickups later

WEll im just really not sure. But in general what would the best be. I'm looking at dimarzio evolution and emg 81s. My only problem is, is their anyway i can get emg 81s in red?
ALPACA! NOT LLAMA!
Quote by Squabblism
WEll im just really not sure. But in general what would the best be. I'm looking at dimarzio evolution and emg 81s. My only problem is, is their anyway i can get emg 81s in red?

Buying pickups would be a waste of money with a Spider III, you won't notice a difference.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Buying pickups would be a waste of money with a Spider III, you won't notice a difference.

+1. Save up and get a new amp. Look into used Mesas and Bugeras??
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
how much do you have for the new amp? i'd get the amp first, you may decide once you've done that that you don't need new pickups...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?