I doubt I'm the first one to want something like this, does anybody know of any specific basses that are being made this way already? I would assume it would be Ibanez or ESP since they seem to be their primary clientele seem to prefer drop-tuned metal playing.
Spector
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Ibanez BTB.

why? I'm just curious.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ibanez BTB. My friend has a 35" and he can't play with medium or heavy gauge strings cause they "don't feel right at all". *shrug*
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by the humanity
Ibanez BTB.

why? I'm just curious.

I'm looking for a 35 in. scale neck for my Peavey Fury 5.

Now you ask, that's a 5 string, why are you asking for 4 string basses? It's neck is the size of a 4 string P-basses, it's extremely small. And I'd like to keep the string spacing as close to the same possible. It's current neck is 34 in. and I'd like to add some more sustain to it since I'm using the Low A (I tune it ADADG) more and more. I would just get a new bass entirely, but this one has sentimental value, so I'd like to keep it and keep using it.

So I'm looking more for the neck than the entire bass.
errr, you need a 34 for a 34 bass. you'd have to rerout that bridge.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

sorry to break it to you kiddo but if you want that 35" scale length you're gonna need a nice shiny new bass or be willing to heavily modify your peavey
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Well I'm thinking more about it, what mods exactly?

It's already a 5 string bass, just with a 34 in. scale neck. In theory, if I found a 35 in. scale neck to fit in the neck pocket perfectly, what else would there be to change?
bridge location. and the pickups would sound somewhat different as a result of that.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

It would screw up the intonation royally, and I seriosuly doubt you will find a 35 inch neck that will fit. You would likely have to do some crazy adjustments to the truss rod that might not even work, and could leave you with a useless warped neck.