Im currently using an OD-3 as a clean boost for my OCD (which is kinda also used as a clean boost with just a tiny bit of OD but thats irrelevant)....well lets just say the OD-3 doesnt compare to the quality of the OCD and i was thinking about getting a Fulltone Fulldrive to do what the OD-3 was doing...moreover ive been also looking for a solo boost, which is why I was thinking about getting the Fulldrive in the first place (you know...for the Boost section of the pedal)...and the question is...is the boost section a good solo boost? would it add enough volume? I really dont care how much gain it would add
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
if you have the fulldrive in compcut mode, then the boost will make a significant difference in volume. but like mentioned, the OD has to be on for the boost to be on. not that stepping on two switches would take that much longer than just one though...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Tbh, you might as well replace both the OCD and the OD-3 with the Fulldrive.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
check out the fatboost. I was thinking of doing that, or getting an ocd and setting the gain all the way down. I built a clone to go with my real one and they sounded great together. Also, there are other boosters, like zvex, lovepedal, etc.

EDIT: RHCP why? they are very different pedals and all he wants is a boost
Quote by s.r.v.
check out the fatboost. I was thinking of doing that, or getting an ocd and setting the gain all the way down. I built a clone to go with my real one and they sounded great together. Also, there are other boosters, like zvex, lovepedal, etc.

EDIT: RHCP why? they are very different pedals and all he wants is a boost

Not quite sure why I said it, but if he's able to get the sound he gets from the OCD out of the Fulldrive, then he might as well use that for drive and boost.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
yeah i know The Real Ming ...but what i do to get my OD tone is set the OCD at full volume and just a bit of gain and then ON TOP OF THAT the OD-3 as a clean boost...I would use the OD side of the Fulldrive to replace what the OD-3 was doing and use the boost as a solo boost...thats why i just wanted to know if the boost increased enough volume...

let me know if i want clear this time

thank you
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
If you have the fulldrive in either the vintage or flat mids modes, you dont get a very big boost - it just adds more gain really. If its in Compcut mode though, then theres a much more significant boost thats a lot more useful.

However seeing as you already have an OCD, i think you migth be better off getting a dedicated boost pedal. I use an EHX LPB-1 with mine, and for the price, its spot on. The Fat Boost might be worth a look at as well, and maybe the BBE boosta grande or a Zvex super hard on.
I agree with scott_, The boost, on the Fulldrive 2's vintage and flat mids, increases the gain. In CompCut mode it comes across as a volume boost.

Another option is the EHX LPB-1. If you crank it, its gets to be a dirty boost. Set it 12 o'clock or lower and it boosts your volume. Plus the pedal is dirt cheap.

edit:
I didn't read scott_'s entire post until after posting mine. So I double everything scott_ says.