ive got a BC Rich NT Warlock which I love however the BDSM pickups are beyond shit and i want to get hold of new pickups.
i dont want to route into the body so it'll have to be passives (no actives)

right now ive had recommended EMG H4s or a Seymour Duncan JB/59 combo

any other suggestions?

sounds im looking for are like Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Slayer, Arch Enemy...

EDIT

im in europe
the budget is around 200€ or something
Bassist: BC Rich Warlock (Platinium)

I'm a lefty

Killing is so much easier than forgiving... So much more fun too
Last edited by messenjah at Oct 18, 2008,
emg h4s aren't great. i'm not sure i'd want a jb for really modern metal either. what's your amp and what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you don't need re-route your guitar actives but i'll say the Seymour Duncan SH8 Invader and Dimarzio X2N are best bet.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Seymour Duncan SH8 Invader
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
duncan invaders sound bad. they sound cheap and nasty to me. i'd rather use JB's and a high gain amp and overdrive. hz's arent great at all.. people like dimarzio's a lot. i've never tried them so..
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Personally I wouldn't change the pups; I'd change the guitar but perhaps that's just me. The important thing with the pups is the wood that the guitar is made from. I think that Bare Knuckle pups are the best you can buy and their most powerful pickup is the Warpig but I'm not convinced it would work well in yours because of the mahogany wood (I think I'm right that it's mahogany). You certainly need a ceramic pup to cut through such a heavy wood so if you like your sound to be very modern, cutting and metallic I'd suggest the Bare Knuckle 'Miracle Man' in the bridge position and a 'Cold Sweat' in the neck. If you prefer a richer and warmer Gibson-like tone to your guitar then I'd put a 'Cold Sweat' in the bridge position as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
The JB is really not bad, but there are better pickups (Check Dimarzio and Kent Armsrong).
GEAR:
guitars - ESP Eclipse-II FM, ESP LTD M-50, crapy classic guitar.
amps - Rivera Venus 3, Rocktorn Rampage 20R.
and crapy pedal of Digitech.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO ROUTE ANYTHING TO ADD ACTIVE PICKUPS TO MOST GUITARS!

Any tech can usually find room in most control cavities for the battery.

So........get a EMG 81 and you'll have the tone you seek, or a 81TW for a single coil option of different tone when and if you want it.
Bareknuckle Warpig. Best pickup money can buy. They cost around $440 a set in the US, however.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
i back warpig after a new guitar
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
The Warpig was the one I was going to buy for my guitar but when I contacted Tim at Bareknuckle he told me that if I wanted any kind of articulation at all I should avoid it in a mahogany guitar. Apparently he tried it in his own Les Paul and wasn't too keen as he felt it over powered the wood, hence his suggestion of Miracle Man or Cold Sweat. You can't argue with the owner of the company!
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
would a ceramic warpig work?

regardless, we need to hear his budget, if he's in the USA he might not want to stretch to BKPs...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MetalliKH-602
Seymour Duncan SH8 Invader

This.

And try a Seymour Duncan HB-108 at the neck.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.