Alright. Long story short I'm getting a new amp for xmas and after many a thread the Bugera 6262 has turned out to be my best choice (considering my budget is around 600$).

Favorite bands include Trivium (my hands down favorite), Children of Bodom, In Flames, B4MV, and classics like Pantera,Metallica, Ozzy, ect.

Special mention to Paul Gilbert and Gojira

NOW. This is the LAST thread I'll make about this. This is it. This is to flatten out the details.

Also just a note a need at least decent cleans. Just not shitty lol.

I might be forgetting other stuff I should mention so don't be afraid to just remind me if I did forget.

Thnx in advance
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
looks like a worthy amp to me
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
But would it be the best choice?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
you can get a 5150 combo for 600 easy and it'll be much better IMO
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
in that price range your only other options for a tube amp are probably a b-52, and I would get the bugera over a B-52
Quote by Bostonrocks
you can get a 5150 combo for 600 easy and it'll be much better IMO

Dude...

Aren't they generally the same thing except the Bugera is less durable and costs less?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
yeah but get it used and it's twice the amp cause it'll last longer and IMO sounds better
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Dude...

Aren't they generally the same thing except the Bugera is less durable and costs less?

kind of. its not as easy as it seems to get a used 6505 for 600. maybe on the bay but thats about it.6262 is good. its kind of in a class of its own.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
go for the 6262 man. i love mine. had it since Jan 2008. its still rocking, sounds GREAT!

you will love the amp!
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
5150/6505 > 6262 > B52 > Crate GTd15

The Bugera's are great, and buying one new would be just as reliable as buying a used 6505 or 5150 i guess. I just have an awful experience with Beheringer.
Having owned both the 6262 and a 6505 I can tell you the ONLY difference is that the 6505 has a better low end (bass) response, especially at a lower volume. The gain structure and tone is almost identical in both amps.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Having owned both the 6262 and a 6505 I can tell you the ONLY difference is that the 6505 has a better low end (bass) response, especially at a lower volume. The gain structure and tone is almost identical in both amps.

+10

i own a 5150 II and the Bugera 6262 and they both have similar gain circuits. the 5150 II has a bit more low end and more satuarted tone. but the 6262 has more mid range. but the lowend response is pretty damn good as well. Awsome gain and the clean channel is super sweet!
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by AndyRevenge
go for the 6262 man. i love mine. had it since Jan 2008. its still rocking, sounds GREAT!

you will love the amp!

how does the Bugera compare to the Dual rec?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
how does the Bugera compare to the Dual rec?

which bugera model?

the only Bugera that i could say that has a "mesa-ish" tone(not saying they sound like them at all) would be the 333.

all the Bugera models are kinda modeled after Peavey amps.

Bugera 6260= Peavey 5150/6505
Bugera 6262= Peavey 5150 II/6505+
Bugera 333= Peavey Triple XXX
Bugera 333XL= Peavey JSX(Joe Sattriani sig amp)
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by TheBodomBullet
But would it be the best choice?

If you are only gonna use the lead channel, get the 6260. It's $50 cheaper and it has the one of the best reliability issues outa all the Bugeras. Bugeras are known for negative reliability issues. Especially the 6262. The 6260 has only one EQ for both channels. The clean channel has a sub-channel that you can use the Crunch Channel. So, all 3 channels use the same EQ knobs. Clean and Lead have their own Presence and Reverb knobs. The 6262 has the exact same things except the Clean and Lead channel have their own EQ. Then the Bugera 333 has less gain than the 6262 and 6260. It's the same price as the 6262 though. The difference with that one, other than the less gain fact, it has its own EQ for the Lead, Crunch, and Clean channels. Now in this amp, the Crunch has its own channel and EQ. SO think about it, will you use the Crunch and Lead channel a lot? Do you think you need separate EQ's?

Good Luck!

I'm also buying a Bugera soon, in like a month or 2. The 6260.
Quote by sesstreets
hen the Bugera 333 has less gain than the 6262 and 6260

Flat out wrong.

Lol

I believe he probably MEANT to say that the 6260(2) has a darker tone/gain whilst th 333 has a brighter one.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Personally I find Bugeras have much more usable cleans and gain to 5150s. The 5150s just sound far too fizzy and undefined, and the cleans are only ok. I would much rather have a bugera. The quality control stuff is all piddle paddle, truth is, if yours doesn't break down within the first week, you're set.
Dude the Bugeras are sweet. Swap the tubes in it and smile! It really is a very dynamic and responsive amp. Have had mine since the end of March and I like it more everyday. I am running it on half power with KT77 tubes. Its sweet and sexy. My fave is the 6260 as it's nice and simple. You really can't dial in a bad sound on it
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I think it depends on the type of playing you are going to do. I personaly dont want to buy a used 5150 not knowing how the previous owner treated it. the 6260 and 6262 would both be good choises, "the 6262 however having more gain and you will probobly need a noise gate". i havent gotten mine yet but i am choosing the 6262 because i play shows and need to have individual presets for when i switch the lead and clean, the 6260 however has a master volume and seemed a little les worthy of handling shows. just get a bugara treat it right read the manual and if its faulty have them fix it or send you a new one.

Quote by TheBodomBullet
Alright. Long story short I'm getting a new amp for xmas and after many a thread the Bugera 6262 has turned out to be my best choice (considering my budget is around 600$).

Favorite bands include Trivium (my hands down favorite), Children of Bodom, In Flames, B4MV, and classics like Pantera,Metallica, Ozzy, ect.

Special mention to Paul Gilbert and Gojira

NOW. This is the LAST thread I'll make about this. This is it. This is to flatten out the details.

Also just a note a need at least decent cleans. Just not ****ty lol.

I might be forgetting other stuff I should mention so don't be afraid to just remind me if I did forget.

Thnx in advance