I got what I think is a 1971 Fender Pro Reverb and I need to let it ago (along with some other gear). I have no idea what this would be worth, I bought it for 500 bucks from a small guitar shop about a year ago. I had it professional re-wired because sometimes the reverb wouldnt cooperate. It works like a charm now and is in pretty good condition. The only problem is a broken knob on the front (the knob functions properly, its just the plastic number piece thats broken).

Here are some pics, any help would be appreciated

By mrfire8808 at 2008-10-18

Nice to see another Pro Reverb in the forum! I have a '78. I believe I saw a '71 in GC going for about $1700.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
well, ive actually been looking for a pro reverb. i see them on ebay going for any where from $500-$1000.
if your looking to sell, and after you find out how much its worth, send me a PM, and we can have a little chat.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
well, ive actually been looking for a pro reverb. i see them on ebay going for any where from $500-$1000.
if your looking to sell, and after you find out how much its worth, send me a PM, and we can have a little chat.

Well I'm only considering selling it right now. Im not 100% sure its a 1971, from what I could tell of the fender site, pre-1990 amps didnt have serial numbers.

I really love this amp, when I got it I liked it so much I sold my other amp, which was just a crappy practice amp. Never really thought I'd need to buy another amp ever again. But the economy is saying otherwise

Since we're on the topic of selling it though. Assuming I ebayed it and had to ship it, how would something like this hold up with the way UPS/Fedex/whoever treats packages?

Also, I dont have any foot switches or anything that might have come with it. Just plain old amp. Will that hurt the price at all?
^If you plan on shipping it, 1. Use Fed Ex, and 2. Make sure you pack it right.

First hand experience: If you aren't confident in dropping it from 5 feet in the air, you haven't packed it right.