Do any of you? I absolutely cannot play guitars that aren't mine. I don't know what it is but I bomb unless I'm on my own gear.

...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by madbomber233
I know people who can't even play their own gear! lol

"Hi, I'm Pete Wentz. What's a bass?"
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Oh hai I r Billy Joe Armstrong and I r teh PunK rawkerz lololol o whats tis?

Your guitar

O ya I 4gots lololololololololol
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
Oh hai I r Billy Joe Armstrong and I r teh PunK rawkerz lololol o whats tis?

Your guitar

O ya I 4gots lololololololololol

And the nominees for worst post ever are...
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by n to the k
i can but i cant play anyone elses drums

Okay now that's a little weird, unless it's an ENTIRELY different setup lol.

Quote by Kadaj

+1

And yeah, I know what you mean TS. I'm decent with other people's gear but I'm just not as good as I usually am.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
I think I sound better off my friends guitar. However, I don't sound too bad off my own anyway

Still suck in comparison to a lot of players though
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I can pretty much play great as long as it's not radically different.

On drums I'm just not as flashy if I'm on a different kit, 'cause I don't feel as comfortable.
I barely use anyone else's gear, because I'm a lefty and I don't know anyone else who plays my way. The only person that uses my guitar is me. I'd gladly share, though...
My band practise at our lead guitarists, and he has like 20 great guitars or something, 2 shit amps and no FX pedals. I just can't use the awesome guitars with the shit distortion on the amps.

IT'S NOT MEANT TO BE THAT WAY!!!
Well, I tend to like Jumbo Frets and U necks, so my playing is quite off if it's a Fender C neck or medium frets. There's a reason you pick your own gear...it's because it's best for you.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
inb4hermanlijokes

Scale length is the only thing that really fucks with me on different guitars, i've played for 5 years on 24.75" scales (my LP and acoustics) and when i change to a 25.5" (my build) i have to adjust slightly.

basses however, i'm pretty much the same over all scale lengths... with the stretches and the speed of the stuff i'd play on bass, my arm moves about the same amount on all scales.
------

Shwiggity.
I can play pretty much any guitar, seeing as when we have a band practice, I often don't fancy lugging my guitar to my drummers house, so I just use his Dads guitars instead.
Yeah, I have trouble at times, but there are "types" of guitars I can play on fine and others that make me struggle, but less now then in the past. Still don't like classical guitars, but that's a whole different instrument.
Quote by Kadaj
Give him a rest, he's French. He has enough troubles.

I sort of know what you mean. A different neck scale throws me off for a while.
It's sort of back to the whole 'it's not the wand, it's the wizard' deal. Sure the wand doesn't make the wizard, but using someone else's wand just isn't right.
Quote by Fox McKalen
I play my friend's guitar better than I play my own.

Ok, that means it's time for you to do something. I'll let you guess what.
I had to play another bass at a gig I did last year and it cemented my hate of Fenders.

The action was too high, the strings were normal guage (I use lights) and the neck felt like I was playing a baseball bat.
I hate fenders too. But other people's guitars, it depends. I'm fine with just about any neck, any scale, but the thing that really ****s with me...

The action, and the bridge.

I'm not used to floating trem bridges, so when I palm mute, I'm used to my tune-o-matic bridge, and I press down on the bridge hard, so on a floating trem, the strings detune. Then, on guitars where the action is too high, it REALLY ****s me up, because it's hard as shit to play.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by Sir Anonymous
using someone else's wand just isn't right.

Thats what she said
Depends on the guitar doesn't it. If you play a strat, and your mate has a massive jazz box, its not gonna work. If your mate has a strat though, and you proceed to play that, you should be just fine.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

well obviously different brands of guitars are built differently and take some getting used to...that happens to everybody. i have an SG, and yesterday i picked up my friend's jackson (i didn't want to say dinky ) and played better. that was just because it was has a faster, thinner neck that was more appropriate for the song i was playing.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Holy crap, it's TheQuailman!
Sweet mother of da G-dawg, it's Tommy!

I've not been around much the last couple o' months, I know...
I can play other people's stuff, but i have something called Les Paul Syndrome - i just CAN'T play Les Pauls to save my life.

Slash hates me
Quote by n to the k
i can but i cant play anyone elses drums

I know where you're coming from. Playing other people's drums is so... awkward.

I find playing other people's acoustic guitars to be perfectly fine though. I can't play someone else's electric though. It's mostly because I feel like I have to find the perfect tone first. It annoys me when I play a electric and the tone's not right for me.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by madbomber233

this
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
nope, i play better on other peoples guitar cos mines shite.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
nope, i play better on other peoples guitar cos mines shite.

this
unless theirs is even shittier.
or if they use a different string gauge it screws up my bends. And I don't like Floyd Roses very much, I'll get used to them eventually tho.
I prefer to use my own gear but I can play other peoples instruments perfectly well...
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"