Hey guys, im working a strat and i applies some grain filler (2 coats) sanded 220 (this is the water-based stuff from stewmac.. cant import nitro into canada ) and now i applied 2 coats of sand & sealer and sanded 220 again...

as reranch said i should get all the shiny spots out...

so my questions, i just put the 3rd coat of S&S and will soon put 4th, wen i sand it down to remove ALL shiny spots, wouldnt that bring me down to the grain filler?

(previously the body came sanded and sealed, but wen i put the primer on the grains werent filled, so i sanded the primer off and did the process as just stated)

suggestions?

thanks!
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
Removing the shiny spots just means, once you rough it up with sandpaper, it goes scratchy and dull. That is all.

Just do a really light BLOCK sanding, and rough it up so the paint sticks.

EDIT: I'm in Canada too, where do you get sanding sealer? I think I found a place, but I'm not sure.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
i got the sand&sealer from stewmac.com i got the water based one... i dont think i have found a sand and sealer here thats the same.. i've found sealers but i wasnt sure if they'd do the job...

so just to make sure, ive put the 4th coat of S&S on the guitar, so i should let it dry and then just lightly sand not needing to worry about removing the shine?
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah
sorry for the double post, but what process did u use on ur build? i want mine to be that white and shiny too
Pow-Chika-Wah-Wah
Pow-Chika-Chika-Wah-wah