Hey guys, a recent event kind of got me in the mood to write a song. I've never really done this, so please go easy. Basically, the song is about a heart breaker. She kind of lures you in and seems genuine, but other times, not so much. You never really know if she's into you, but you're hopelessly into her. The 'Joker' persona is what you're seeing the song through. Basically, you're the Joker. You're fooling yourself, thinking and hoping for something that isn't there. You're tired and jaded, but you can't help it. You know?

The song is kind of a mellow groove, with heavy chorus. I have the chord and structure finished so I might post the completed piece.

This is a work in progress so any advice would be great.

The Joker

Big surprise,
I didn't see it coming.
I never saw it coming from a mile away.

Telling lies,
A little bit deceiving.
When you told me you were ready to receive my love.

Every time we fight I end up hurt.
Why do you always leave me in the dirt?

In the dirt.

When will you say goodbye today?
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me...
Going back is too far away.
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me...

You walk out,
A little disappointed
When you think you see me hanging with another crowd

I walk in,
mistakes are bound to happen,
When you try to play the joker and you end up the fool.

Every time we fight we end up hurt.
Tell me, why do we always end up in the dirt?

In the dirt.

When will you say goodbye today?
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me...
Going back is too far away.
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me hell.
It's giving me...

Cheers guys!

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Kind of cliche but could be somethin with work...try to think outside the box, use random words, try to make it interesting if someone read it with no music....lastly the Joker is a famous song
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by nemjeff13
Kind of cliche but could be somethin with work...try to think outside the box, use random words, try to make it interesting if someone read it with no music....lastly the Joker is a famous song

I know, the Joker by Steve Miller Band. I couldn't think of a better tittle.

The inspiration is cliche, so I thought it would be fitting for the song to be cliche.

I'll try to throw out some weirder words if I can make them work. Thanks a bunch!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.