Poll: What would YOU do if papparazzi attacked?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would YOU do if papparazzi attacked?
Take their camera and beat them with it
26 47%
Ignore them and try and go on with your life
16 29%
Do funny stuff to them i.e. moon the camera, throw mud etc...
12 22%
Never go outside, and when you do wear a veil and carry an umbrella
1 2%
Voters: 55.
We've all seen videos of celebrities either owning or getting owned by papparazzi. what I'd like to know is if the common person, when famous, would attack the papparazzi back or just let it slide and try and run? This is inspired by the video of Kanye West smashing the this photographers camera for being an annoying prick and taking pictures while he's trying to go through the airport.

reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAAH2u_4Pvs

Personally, I hate the invasion of privacy that happens whenever a group of photographers find a star. I would go ballistic if someone kept taking pictures of me when I didn't want them to.

Poll up in a sec.

EDIT: If you have a funnier idea post it.
Last edited by 3rdWardSoldier at Oct 18, 2008,
I would attack them all. Or make fun of them for using nikon/pentax/olympus.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I believe it's spelt Pepperoni.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'd probably do what Britney, her sister, and her Mum did.

Throw McDonalds food at them! Yaaaaay.

Quote by Kensai

hit 'em where it hurts and all that...
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Kensai

lol i'd probably have my camera with me anyway and challenge them.

It's the only way
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I'll find out where they live and spend a week camped outside their house. And every moment they step outside their door, i'll be taking pictures of them with my Boots disposable cameras.
It's gonna be a blue day
Quote by LordBishek

That looks like a doughy orgasm.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Allow them to take pictures of me thereby increasing my media exposure and earning me more money.
That's what most celebrities do.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
hit 'em where it hurts and all that...

"Just look at the low distortion on this canon ef 17-40 f/4L wideangle lense!"

They'll break down and cry.

Quote by ctb
lol i'd probably have my camera with me anyway and challenge them.

I'd probably mount the sigma 200-500 2.8 and beat them with it.
Quote by Kensai
"Just look at the low distortion on this canon ef 17-40 f/4L wideangle lense!"

They'll break down and cry.

Speaking of big fat sigma lenses...

One of the girls on my course has an uncle that's a photographer. She's getting a sigma 50-500 lens for £400 instead of £800 because he doesn't need it....

Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Do nothing remotely interesting and make them lose their jobs.

You don't really have to do anything interesting for them to take pictures and make money. Think of how much people got for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie just walking down the street.
Quote by Karvid

It's the only way

+1

Oh yes, you could bear-blast them or hump-cat them!

Personally, I'd turn into a fighter jet made of biceps and just annihilate them.
Quote by Kensai

whilst screaming at them, "the camera loves you, baby! the camera loves you!"
Beat them to death with their own camera.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I have mixed feelings. For one, the biggest form of "paparazzi' is the UK government. The idea is that you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy while in public. Anyone can take your photo or record you because they can also see you with their own two eyes. However, it depresses me that it's profitable to take these pictures because enough people actually care about the day-to-day lives of people that they have absolutely nothing to do with. It bothers me that a large portion of the general population is unhappy enough with their own lives that they will resort to living vicariously through the lives of people who deserve to be able to walk the streets without having a large amounts of said people following them around. I'm an extremely private individual and I would be the type of celebrity who would fight a paparazzi who wouldn't leave me alone.
You left out sue for: harassment, invasion of privacy, slander, stalking, disturbing the peace, reckless driving and all the other marvels they do to get a pic.

Portuguese law is also quite reasonable with regards to image rights, it's illegal to publish anything embarrassing without your consent, and if your image is published without your consent, even if while you're in public they need to prove the need/relevance for society.
Last edited by MiG_853 at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by MiG_853
You left out sue for: harassment, invasion of privacy, slander, stalking, disturbing the peace, reckless driving and all the other marvels they do to get a pic.

Portuguese law is also quite reasonable with regards to image rights, it's illegal to publish anything embarrassing without your consent, and if your image is published without your consent, even if while you're in public they need to prove the need/relevance for society.
There's no invasion of privacy if you're in public. Also, while IANAL, for harassment suit you generally have to prove that someone has been *repeatedly* preventing you from going about your day-to-day life after you have asked them to stop. Key being "someone". Paparazzi generally consists of many individuals. You can only go after specific individuals and keep your case to specific actions taken by that specific individual. Which is why most paparazzi have not been sued for anything. One paparazzi = no harassment. Lots of paparazzi = different story. This is a case of laws not existing to cover very specific cases of a certain number of society's elites that have individual issues that most people don't have to deal with.
Last edited by garett at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by MiG_853

In sweden it's illegal to sell the picture at all if someone's face is showing clearly and it's being sold without your consent. It's also illegal to use the picture for slander e.t.c.

The papers get sued all the time for this, but the pictures bring in so much money it's worth it for them.