Okay heres the deal, ive got a really crappy guitar, and i dont want it anymore so im upgrading. This guitar has a floyd rose and all that but im not after that sort of stuff.

Ive been looking at lower end b c rich guitars and ive spotted the bc rich warbeast (trace/bloodbound), and there are absolutely no reviews for these online.

Trace
http://www.bcrich.com/warbeast_trace.asp

Bloodbound
http://www.bcrich.com/warbeast_blood.asp

Im not looking to buy an outstanding guitar that costs alot, im a beginner and i want a metal type guitar that will last me a good time, and yes i shall replace the pickups with some emg's or duncans or anything.

I can get these for £150, should i bother buying it?
man....I have played my share of BC Rich guitars....and honestly the low end models are garbage... if you want something cheap...for metal look to Ibanez or ESP...
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
ALL BC RICHes SUK!!!! get a jackson dinky or ibanez. do ur self a favor nd dnt waste ur money on a bc rich.
Save your money, buy a plank of wood and paint it black.

Seriously though, high end BC-Rich guitars are awesome, but the lower ones? Not so awesome.
save up more and buy more expensive versions, the low end ones have quality control problems

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Mgllpz09
ALL BC RICHes SUK!!!! [excluded comment] do ur self a favor nd dnt waste ur money on a bc rich.

This. But with better grammar.
last.fm: last.fm/thrashmetal101
follow me on twitter
Quote by Sonicxlover
Emotionally, it makes me feel good. Physically, it makes me feel good.
what's your budget? whats your amp? whats your actual guitar?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 18, 2008,
i wouldnt go BC Rich, i got an ESP LTD EX-50, its the low end version of their explorer model, it was only like 200 or so if i remember right and it plays good, nothing incredible but it gets the job done id recommend a low end ESP over a BC Rich
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
wow thanks for the swift replies!
My budget for the next few months is around 170£, after these months it will increase because i save up.
Any higher budget models that you reccomend? I think ive got the picture about not buying low end models lol.
Those two are exactly the same, specs wise.
It all just comes down to what looks better to you.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Low end B.C. Rich's are awful. As far as low end models go, Ibanez, Laguna, and Schecter aren't too bad. Lagunas are more difficult to play though, so I'd say an Ibanez or Schecter, especially considering what you were thinking of buying.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by Mgllpz09
ALL BC RICHes SUK!!!! get a jackson dinky or ibanez. do ur self a favor nd dnt waste ur money on a bc rich.

Gtfo and stop slinging that opinionated sh*t around here
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
why hasnt anybody asked "whats your amp?"

and dude, tell some bands you play or like. not just metal. there are a lot of types of metal and metal tones.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by BeastlyBassist
Gtfo and stop slinging that opinionated sh*t around here

good point, but hes kind of right in regards to guitars, BC RICH BASS GUITARS might be good (seeing as how youre a bassist)

by the way whats ur signature from, thats badass?
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
good point, but hes kind of right in regards to guitars, BC RICH BASS GUITARS might be good (seeing as how youre a bassist)

1) Topic starter is a guitarist
2) BC Rich does not suck, lol. That guy has nothing to back that shit up.

And that's about it lol.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA

I happen to like the tone of my friend's BC Rich... maybe I'm just guitar retarded
And I do play guitar, I just haven't put anything of it up on my profile because I'm too lazy to find batteries for my camera.

My sig is a quote from a sniper school instructor I'm pretty sure. I forget b/c it's been a while. I'll look it up and edit this in a min.

EDIT: "Sniper's Regret" By Patrick Johannesen, U.S.M.C.

A green phantom stalks these lands,
Thirty Ought Six in a Master's hands.
Chamber a matched, perfect round,
Slide home the bolt, forward and down.

Stay detached, loose and cool,
Time your breathing, remember the rule.
Get them now, kill them clean,
before they can hurt another Marine.

The first dies quick, the second has looked,
that one dies fast, a third has booked.
Number Three goes down, sight on Number Four,
this one's for my Brothers, Brothers of the Corps.

Even now at home, I remember that scene,
the four of them and a young Marine,
I would do it again, once more with pride,
to protect my Marines, the enemy has died.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by ldnovelo
why hasnt anybody asked "whats your amp?"

and dude, tell some bands you play or like. not just metal. there are a lot of types of metal and metal tones.

Im willing to upgrade to any amp within reason (up to about 700£ so amps arent really an issue at the moment.

I like bullet for my valentine, system of a down, atreyu, cannibal corpse, black dahlia murder, japanese rock (all of it), my chemical romance... ive just picked bands from a variety of genres so u can see what i generally listen to. Its metal and heavier generally.

But i listen to anything apart from that street sh*t u get nowadays.
Let's see.

BFMV - Jackson Rhoads
SOAD - Ibanez Iceman
Atreyu - ESP EX-400
MCR - Gibson Les Paul

That's the ones I know, off the top of my head.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Thanks for your input, ill consider those, but really im fallen for the bc rich sharp designs!
I reallly want a bc rich, even if it means i have to fork out 900£. But the cheaper the better, even though i havent got that much at the moment.

Thanks
try an epi G-400. its like 230 pounds, but it great.

another guitars you should try are The ibanez RG321 and RG2ex1. they are both about 170 pounds. they play great, but have mediocre pickups.

from ESP, check the 200 series (Viper 200, AX260 and V200, specifically). they are all set neck or neck through (except the V, it bolt on). they are about 230 pounds.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by BackDoorEntry
Thanks for your input, ill consider those, but really im fallen for the bc rich sharp designs!
I reallly want a bc rich, even if it means i have to fork out 900£. But the cheaper the better, even though i havent got that much at the moment.

Thanks

If you want an y opinion, I just really can't stand the B.C. Rich necks. My friend got a mockingbird for christmas and it just was not as easy to play compared to an ibanez or jackson.
Quote by BackDoorEntry

Thanks

if you will anyway get a bc rich, why did you come here asking our opinions? theyr low-mid end guitar necks suck, and their value is nonexistant.
EDIT:TO BEASTLYBASSIST:
Sniper's regret is not the thing on your sig. it's actually called Sniper's serenity, an answer to Sniper's regret by Robert W. Baird, U.S.M.C. this is actually sniper's regret:

SNIPER'S REGRET( By Patrick Johannesen, U.S.M.C. )

I wonder in the night time
I wonder who will hear
I wonder if they know . . . . .
How close, I am near.

Do they have a family?
Do I give a f*ck?
They will only live . . . . . .
If they f*cking duck!!

The first one did not duck,
The other looks my way.
I crank another round home
And send him on his way.

It’s baggage and I know it.
Man, it really sucks.
If only I’d not been there and . . . . . .
If only he had ducked.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by ldnovelo
if you will anyway get a bcrich, why did you come here asking our opinions?

because i wanted to know if the bc riches out of the original options where different, and if they were worth it. They are evidently not, so now im open for any suggestions, but still leaning slightly towards bc rich.
Quote by BackDoorEntry
because i wanted to know if the bc riches out of the original options where different, and if they were worth it. They are evidently not, so now im open for any suggestions, but still leaning slightly towards bc rich.

ok dude, no problem, but if you are going to fork out 900 punds, do it for a mesa boogie dual recto or a 6505 stack
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo
if you will anyway get a bc rich, why did you come here asking our opinions? theyr low-mid end guitar necks suck, and their value is nonexistant.
EDIT:TO BEASTLYBASSIST:
Sniper's regret is not the thing on your sig. it's actually called Sniper's serenity, an answer to Sniper's regret by Robert W. Baird, U.S.M.C. this is actually sniper's regret:

SNIPER'S REGRET( By Patrick Johannesen, U.S.M.C. )

I wonder in the night time
I wonder who will hear
I wonder if they know . . . . .
How close, I am near.

Do they have a family?
Do I give a f*ck?
They will only live . . . . . .
If they f*cking duck!!

The first one did not duck,
The other looks my way.
I crank another round home
And send him on his way.

It’s baggage and I know it.
Man, it really sucks.
If only I’d not been there and . . . . . .
If only he had ducked.
Ohhhhh. The site I found had the wrong name then that one's pretty cool too
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BackDoorEntry

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=518471
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481915

I've played all of these and they are very good and very much worth the price.

Check them out.

and the best way to know if a guitar is good or not is to actually go to a store and play it. I still wouldn't recommend B.C. Rich though. There's a reason why not many respectable guitarists use them.
I own a WMD SOB (high end:IT RULES) and a Bronze SOB (It sucks, but is better than the Bronze Warlock).

If you're an experianced guitarist, then go for the NT or NJ Deluxe Series. 'Tis none better. Or get a WMD, like I did. And, it's relatively inexpensive, too.

When I was starting out with the Bronze, it was the looks that motivated me to play.
I have since modded it, with Blackouts, Grover Tuners, and new electronics, and it has a world of difference to when it was unboxed.

If you're really serious about it, get a Chuck Schuldiner Stealth. It also rules.
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Work on playing with your penis. A dick solo would bring infinite girlfriends.
I have a mockingbird plat pro, and have been happy with it. No complaints from me, and that BS about no respectable guitarist playing them, is just that...BS. ( ask mr. Kerry King)
currently using:
BC Rich Mockingbird Platinum Pro
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Roland Boss DR-3 Drum Machine
Quote by nathraq
I have a mockingbird plat pro, and have been happy with it. No complaints from me, and that BS about no respectable guitarist playing them, is just that...BS. ( ask mr. Kerry King)

+1
Also, if you include all musicians. ICS Vortex uses a 5-string Warlock NS.

EDIT: for some reason the one in the pic is his signature, he doesn't play his sig... because, quite frankly, it's the standard warlock dressed up with humbuckers and eq slapped in and price jacked up.
He plays the top-o-the-line Warlock
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Oct 20, 2008,
Quote by BeastlyBassist
+1
Also, if you include all musicians. ICS Vortex uses a 5-string Warlock NS.

EDIT: for some reason the one in the pic is his signature, he doesn't play his sig... because, quite frankly, it's the standard warlock dressed up with humbuckers and eq slapped in and price jacked up.
He plays the top-o-the-line Warlock

Yeah, Vortex's sig is bolt on...
Quote by djurico666
I like to think that after all the hardcore dancers were happy they'd succesfully killed the air ninjas during Suicide Silence, Nile came out and made them all go

Quote by bendystraw
Work on playing with your penis. A dick solo would bring infinite girlfriends.
BC rich are junk except for the top of the line stuff. In your price range i would look at the ESP LTD line. I think they are quite nice, and reasonably priced for what you get.
Get a Jackson. or maybe an Esp, if it's 400 series or above and made of mahogany. (the agathis ones are poop)

And this is just my opinion, but don't get an Ibanez. To me the necks are too flat and annoying *holds flame shield*
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Last edited by EVH92 at Nov 14, 2008,
The new NJ series BCR stuff is badass. I have a bunch of BC Rich guitars (that's my bag, baby!) and the newer import stuff has great quality control.
b.s.d.m pickups are utter ****e too
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by BackDoorEntry

Thanks

It's not worth it, trust me.

I got the Warlock with the Kerry King custom red flames and it is, well meh to say the least
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy