What is the advantage of ordering a bass through a store over just buying it online and having it shipped to you?
alot of people dont trust the internet so when a store orders it you do not pay for it till it arrives
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Actually depending on what store you order through, some of them will inspect your bass before they'll issue it to you. I know that most mom and pop instrument stores do quality checks on all products, I'm not sure if the big chains like guitar center inspect their instruments because of the volume that they get. However if you do order directly from an online site, there's always a chance of problems going unnoticed.
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Well i usally try it out in the store and buy it of th internet because its generally cheaper for me. Generally youll only have to pay tax if your shipping from a different country or if you live in the E.U anything outside the E.U. It al depends can you trust the website and will they pack it well and do you have good internet security so people cant steal your card number.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by maidenforce19
Oh, well that makes a difference. Is the price any lower through a store?

no but if your ordering through a small store they will probably throw in a free set up whichsaves you bout $25
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by maidenforce19
Can you try it before you buy it? Or would they make you buy it since you made them order it?

you can try before you by because the store can always do a return you may want to make sure before ordering though
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
you can try before you by because the store can always do a return you may want to make sure before ordering though

Ok cause that's probably the most important factor to me. Is it possible to do this too through an online vendor, though, or would you have to pay for shipping back, if you can even do it at all?
In a shop is often cheaper if you get on well with the staff. They will rarely charge the marked price.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by maidenforce19
Ok cause that's probably the most important factor to me. Is it possible to do this too through an online vendor, though, or would you have to pay for shipping back, if you can even do it at all?

its possible but you can never be too sure most places have a 30 moneyback guarantee but if they see signs of use they womt except it back so you have to bee really careful
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by gm jack
In a shop is often cheaper if you get on well with the staff. They will rarely charge the marked price.

The marked price as in list or street?
Quote by maidenforce19
The marked price as in list or street?

street you can always cut a deal with someone in person but not on the internet
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Ok so is it generally better to just order from a store as long as they can actually order it (as in not some old vintage bass that's hard to find)?
well for me its always cheaper to order bass's and amps online just because i can always get them cheaper even without discounts. But lways play first.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
well for me its always cheaper to order bass's and amps online just because i can always get them cheaper even without discounts. But lways play first.

Well, I got a customised bass cheaper than ordering the basic version online.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Well, I got a customised bass cheaper than ordering the basic version online.

Ya but considering the only good music shop is two hours away, there really helpful and nice but its really diffecult to get them to give you discounts. For some of us its easier and cheaper to buy online.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Ya but considering the only good music shop is two hours away, there really helpful and nice but its really diffecult to get them to give you discounts. For some of us its easier and cheaper to buy online.

Mine is an hour and a half away, unless I can hit that perfect combination of trains that happens twice a day. Then it's an hour.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i feel bad now, i have 3 within 15 minutes walk from my flat, although none of them stock what i want.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The store I frequent will usually beat if not match on line prices. Also, they throw in a set of extra strings and cleaning cloth along with a full setup gratis within the first year. Unlike some of the online stores, I have never ever had to hassle about a return.
Supoprting local business is always good.

Most of the time, they beat prices.
They'll answer questions.
If there's a problem they will straighten it out.
I have 3 independent ones near me, 2 of which are 10 minutes or less away from me, while the other is 15 minutes away, and then there's a Guitar Center 20 minutes away and a Sam Ash 20 minutes away. Chances are a lot aren't going to stock what you want, but that's why I asked about ordering so you could try it there before you buy it. But a lot of independent stores usually have used stuff too which is good.

Speaking of which, the best independent stores I've possible ever been to is about an hour away in Philly and they've been around for yeeeaarrss, and they literally have vintage stuff that's never been touched from like the 70's. Mad expensive, but they have an impressive selection.
^kinda of off hand question, but is 8th street music still decent? I dated a guy from Temple and used to drag him there and Roxy guitar all the time.
Quote by anarkee
^kinda of off hand question, but is 8th street music still decent? I dated a guy from Temple and used to drag him there and Roxy guitar all the time.

I don't know I've never been there. I'm talking about Cintioli's Music (I think that's how you spell it). Unless it's also called 8th Street Music, I don't know 8th Street or Roxy.