Page 1 of 3
Do you have that douchebag friend that has been playing less than half as long as you, but thinks he is better and knows more about guitar then you?

I got one. However, I must admit he's got insanely good writing skills, but he just gets overzealous and thinks he's better than me for knowing a power chord. But then I say, play an F#m7 chord and he goes, "Show me where that's actually used in a song."

And I play him quicksand by David Bowie.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
No, all my friends plays the bass and know their place.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Wow you really got him there didn't you. -__-

I bet he felt like such an idiot after you pwned him with your 1337 skillz.

*Tumbleweed rolls past*

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
I do have one, he is an arrogant shit. All my friends tell me I'm better than him, but he still believes he's the dogs bollocks. I don't really give a toss about him anymore.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Learn the drums.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Yeah, I have a friend who will play the tapping from crazy train and then some incoherant "shredding." Then I play Capricho Arabe and make him wet himself.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

How do you know he doesn't have 'insanely good writing skills'?
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
yeah we've all been there man..... I just played some crazy shit and blew his mind, never mentioned playing guitar ever again to me :P
I have a friend who has being playing half as long as me but he doesn't brag about being better ... i'm sort of like his mentor.
Yeah, if stuff like that occurs, you just have to say: 'Look at this man, you gotta place your index finger here to play that chord.' Then you point at some place on the fretboard and while he's looking and doesn't suspect anything, you kick him in the balls. That'll show that dumb f*ck.

EDIT: I'm a douche when it comes to equipment though. I know what's good and what's bad and I know it better than anyone else, especially you.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by TOAOIsaac
Yeah, I have a friend who will play the tapping from crazy train and then some incoherant "shredding." Then I play Capricho Arabe and make him wet himself.

We will rise against this "shred" crap my friend. Just you watch.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
What is it about guitarists that they have to prove their superior skills? Have a friend who thinks he's better than you? RAGE! Someone plays Guitar Hero? RAGE! That's lame; we as guitarists should perpetuate the music, not stifle it.
My Stuff:
PRS SE Soapbar II
ESP LTD EC-50 (Seymour JB & '59)
Peavey Backstage Plus (1x10 35W)
Peavey Classic (2X12 100W)

Yamaha FG-750s circa 1978

Wishlist:
Fishman Rare Earth acoustic pickups
Boss RC-2 or RC-20
I was that douchebag for a while....but Im ok now.
Quote by aaciseric
Theres a chav revolution brewing in my area, hopefully my personal hygiene, sobriety, long hair and GnR albums can protect me for some time.
Hell yea, my friend thinks hes amazing because he can do Back in Black. And he thinks his MIJ Fender Tele is an American Custom Shop guitar that costs $2000.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Yep or I HAD a friend like that. He's actually very talented in a lot of things he does but he used to think he was great at guitar and he wasn't. He was such a D-bag, we aren't friends anymore so doesn't matter.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Wow you really got him there didn't you. -__-
I bet he felt like such an idiot after you pwned him with your 1337 skillz.

*Tumbleweed rolls past*

Quote by Nightmare_xxx
to be honest, I thought they were awful. I mean some of the songs our drummer's written was better than their stuff.
you sound really jealous.. who gives a rat's ass if you memorized a chord.. he can write
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Yeah, I feel ya, dog. I play guitar only to compete with other guitarists and prove that I'm better than them. It's really working out well for me.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
no, but i have this one douche bag friend who told me to play a f#m7 chord so i asked what song used it and he played some david Bowe song.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
Quote by Smokey Amp
Yeah, I feel ya, dog. I play guitar only to compete with other guitarists and prove that I'm better than them. It's really working out well for me.

lol

(I lol'd mostly because I thought you said "I feel your dog")

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
I was much too far out all my life
Quote by Kensai
No, all my friends plays the bass and know their place.

yeah, as players of a far tougher to master and cooler instrument .

To TC, I hate to admit it, but I am that friend. I've been playing for half as long as my drummer (who's main instrument is guitar) and yet I sing, do half the solos in the whole band and write most of the songs. What can I say, I don't try and put my friend down, he's probably better technique/theory wise anyway. but when it comes down to it, he acknowledges I am at least a more proficient songwriter.
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
Quote by Zenith Lead
no, but i have this one douche bag friend who told me to play a f#m7 chord so i asked what song used it and he played some david Bowe song.

lulz

Nah, I'm better than all my friends and I know more about gear.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
hmm yes.. and the annoying douchebag, thats just a douchebag all the time, and he thinks having a "big ego" is good.. some people think it is, but he cant back it up cos hes shit with women.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by wouldyakindly
I've been playing for half as long as my drummer (who's main instrument is guitar) and yet I sing, do half the solos in the whole band and write most of the songs. What can I say, I don't try and put my friend down, he's probably better technique/theory wise anyway. but when it comes down to it, he acknowledges I am at least a more proficient songwriter.

Wow, that's awesome you wanna have sex now?
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by TOAOIsaac

I've just looked up Capricho Arabe.....
I dont really care if someone thinks they're better then me. I got a friend who thinks hes better then me, he plays sloppy as **** and his riffs are all crap open string riffs. I just let him think it. Keeps everyone happy
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
I have a friend who plays drums and thinks he plays guitar & bass. I was talking to him the other day, he's like, " I got $300 bucks..I think I'll buy a new guitar. " I'm like "What? Why would you need one? " Him " Cause I play guitar. Bass, too. " Me- " Since when" Him- " Since I was like friggin eight I was over my aunt's once and she taught me! "

He then went on, claiming he was a better guitarist then I could ever hope to be. Now I've only been playing for just over a year, but I'm confident I'm not that noobish. So, I asked him to demonstrate his mad skills. He grabs my guitar and plays the first three chords to Master Of Puppets.

RAZZLEFRAZZLE
lmao I used to have one of those friends, until one day he came over while I was playing. Needless to say, he kept his mouth shut from this day forward.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Wow TS, can I call you Billy?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Smokey Amp

My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Page 1 of 3