Ok so im applying for cal states and i did the fee waiver but it said denied which sucks because i really need it. The application for the fee waiver only asked if im independent and the household size and income. It's dumb because there's three of us and a household income of about $33,000. That is a little bit of money considering my moms a single parent and also the homeowner (which the house payment skyrocketed after the divorce and to about $2,200 a month) my sisters in college at the moment and im about to enter. So yea what should i do? please....and thanks ahead of time.
Gear
LTD EC-50 with EMG HZ's
Jackson DXMG Dinky with 81/85 EMG's
Line 6 Spider III 120

Quote by Angus_Junior35
sig this part: oscarticas,
YOU ROCK!

theres not a lot you can do for that, but it should be fairly easy for you to get federal aid, did you fill out the FAFSA?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
You don't fill out FAFSA until after the college applications, he's talking about the waiver for the $50/school application fee. Just don't apply to every damn college in the state like my friends did and it won't cost THAT much...
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
theres not a lot you can do for that, but it should be fairly easy for you to get federal aid, did you fill out the FAFSA?

im just about to but cant you only submit FAFSA january 1st-march 3rd?
Gear
LTD EC-50 with EMG HZ's
Line 6 Spider III 120

Quote by Angus_Junior35
YOU ROCK!

Talk to the Under Grad Admissions office, they will tell you what you need to do to get a fee waiver. Also, you can fill out FAFSA at anytime, it doesn't matter if you do it before or after you apply, because it asks you what schools you want to recieve financial aid for. However, different schools have different deadlines for FAFSA. But, you can still fill it out, and maybe recieve a reimbursement check after you register for classes, or just use it for next semesters term.

But still, if I recall, atleast here in Detroit, you need to fill out a financial aid form to get a fee waiver.

Also, keep in mind you aren't considered independent until you are the age of 25, of if you got emancipated before the age of 18. If you're over 18, you can't gen emancipated, and then you have to wait until the age of 25 to legally be considered independent. Theres nothing more you can do to change that, trust me.

In any case, talk to the under grad admissions office.
Quote by oscarticas
im just about to but cant you only submit FAFSA january 1st-march 3rd?

ahh, yeah then they changed the rules a bit since when I did it, but yeah, unless you are applying to some very prestigious schools, it houldn't cost that much.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i think im going to have to talk to the under grad admissions because i already submitted the fee waiver application and it said denied and i can only do it once. Hopefully they could help me.

And the application cost for cal states is $55 which is not as much as other schools but its still pretty high if you add up all the schools im gonna apply to which is about 5 and some of those are even more expensive so yea itll help A LOT if i get it waived and also i HAVE to apply to at least 5 colleges because its a requirement for my avid class.

Thanks for all the advice, it helped
Gear
LTD EC-50 with EMG HZ's
Line 6 Spider III 120

Quote by Angus_Junior35
YOU ROCK!