As the title states, does anyone have the tabs for good hip hop bass lines? I've been getting into Jurassic 5 as of late and want to be able to lay down a smooth groove!
uuhhhh wyclef john's stuff, and Gym class heroes stuff use real bass in the recording, so listen to that and look at those tabs
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
Jurassic 5 is a good place to start.
Express yourself by NWA has a good bassline.
And Rappers delight by sugar hill gang.
Although that was originally a Chic song.
Anything by DJ Format is also good, check out Here Comes the Fuzz, Ill Culinary Behavior, and Charity Shop Soundclash (all on Music For the Mature B-Boy, which is an amazing disc).

PS Jurassic 5 is the s**t.
Quote by 6stringbasshred
Express yourself by NWA has an amazing bassline.

Express Yourself's bassline is sicknasty. It usually gets a laugh when I play it, especially if your a scrawny white kid.
AHH! there are hip hoppers on my UG!!!!!!!!

but really, I'd just stick with those Jurassic 5 songs for now. they should entertain you for a while.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by 6stringbasshred
Express yourself by NWA has a good bassline.

Great suggestions. By the way, the bassline to N.W.A.'s Express Yourself was sampled from the Charles Wright song of the same name.

In addition I'd like to suggest:
The Message - Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five
Hit Em' Up - Tupac
Get By - Talib Kweli
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.

G-----------------------------------
D-----------------------------------
A-------(3)-5-3-2-0------2-------
E--------------------0--3---5-----

MC hammer bass line, really nice little groove i think.

Try, if you can, listening to some late 80's early 90's rap and RnB, I think that's when it was at it's best, well i think anyway, nowaday's it's really pretty bad.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
The Roots, as I'm sure you're aware, are a full on hip hop band with some fantastic lines. I especially like The Next Movement.
the roots for sure, Beastie Boys "root down" is a fun one. I'm dyin for some MURS basslines
MURS! ahhhhrrr everyone just thinks i'm a drunkard trying to talk about muse whenever i mention them...

as for my other input, erm, Lets Get Retarded by Black Eyed Peas
Quote by the humanity
You will be the High Lowlord's High Lowlife!

Ibanez EDB 550
Laney RB6
Quote by Captain Insano
Express Yourself's bassline is sicknasty. It usually gets a laugh when I play it, especially if your a scrawny white kid.

Im a scrawny white kid, haha.
I play ball too which usually gets a laugh.
Until I break there ankles xD
Stan by Eminem, It ain't no fun if the homies can't have none by snoop dog and dr dre are sick easy bass lines.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Disturbia by Rhianna has a part that can be played on bass that sounds nice. I'm not sure if she'd be Hip Hop or not but it's a fun little line. It's tabbed on here.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The entire CD of Tupac's "me against the world" has some nice basslines, played by a real bass, not just keyboards or whatever the hell most rap bass is.

I've always wanted to learn to play "the humpty dance".
Matisyahu has got some sweet basslines. They're reggae/hip-hop
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!