i got a taylor 314ce and i own a jh-600 guitar they are quite expensive so i want something i could carry with me so i can play at school or at a friends house and not be scared of getting robbed or raining on me or leaving on the car trunk or getting it damage somehow

but i dont know if i should get just a typical 6 string acoustic steel or if i should get another guitar but different so i could have more variety on gear

i could get a 12 string for 300 dollars but i dont know of any songs played on 12 string but they have an incredible sound when you do chords and i dont know if i could do lead guitar on it and im also thinking that it would be a pain in the ass to restring a 12 string andi heard that 12 string guitars break easily because of the tension of the 12 strings

i could get a nylon acoustic they have a nice tone and are pretty good for classical pieces but the thing is restringing it as well it looks tougher than your normal restringing on acoustic or eletric but i dont see a lot of difference in that and a 6 string steel guitar

the last option is getting a hollow guitar i played one before and the sound is kind of weak and they are qute big as well but this is another option because of the difference in tone

basically i need a guitar to carry with me but since im spending 300-400 dollars i was looking to see if i could get other guitars so i could do some of my normal playing and do other stuff with it too.

the one right now that has my attention more is the 12 string for the possibilities of learning other songs and the tone of the guitar is quite full

what do you think i should do?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
if you want the 12 string and are looking for good music to play on it, check out john butler.
I wouldn't get a 12 string if I were you. Cheap 12 strings are a bad idea. If you ever get one, spend a little more on it to ensure that you have a really good quality one.

I would probably just suggest another steel string acoustic. A nylon is meant to be played differently and won't sound good if you play it the same way as a steel string. A hollowbody also doesn't project well at all. You won't be able to hear yourself acoustically.

No matter what you get, don't leave it in a trunk. Even if it's cheap. The glue starts to weaken once you get past 100 degrees farenheit, and that's not a difficult task to accomplish in a hot car. Especially since you live in florida.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
learning to use periods would be a start XD
no im jk, but srsly...run on sentence for the win :P

um well...what kind of music do you like?

dude i dont know punctuation at all XD

the music i like is rock,shred,metal,classical,blues and some other stuff cant remeber
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
I wouldn't get a 12 string. Cheap 12 strings are a bad idea. If you ever get one, spend a little more on it to ensure that you have a really good quality one.

I would probably just suggest another steel string acoustic. A nylon is meant to be played differently and won't sound good if you play it the same way as a steel string. A hollowbody also doesn't project well at all. You won't be able to hear yourself acoustically.

No matter what you get, don't leave it in a trunk. Even if it's cheap. The glue starts to weaken once you get past 100 degrees farenheit, and that's not a difficult task to accomplish in a hot car. Especially since you live in florida.

how much would a good 12 string go for?

i dont leave the guitar on the trunk too much time just while im driving to school or when i have classes i usually take good care of my guitars i just that i need one to abuse well not abuse exactly but have in case something happens like if it rains or i f it gets stolen or if anything

the decision seems to be between the 12 string and a 6 string now

oh crap i forgot about this what if i get an ukulele? is there tabs for that?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
The absolute least I would ever spend on a 12 string would be... $500-600?

A uke would be fun, haha. There probably aren't many tabs, but it would definitely be fun to have around.
Equipment:

The absolute least I would ever spend on a 12 string would be... $500-600?

A uke would be fun, haha. There probably aren't many tabs, but it would definitely be fun to have around.

well it seems the 12 string is out of the equation

now is between a ukulele and a 6 string guitar im also going to order an ocarina browsing around and looking at instruments i found this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oLxlc_83zU0&NR=1

http://stlocarina.com/ztenordis.html

im a huge zelda fan
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
OMFG IF THAT THING WAS CHEAPER I WOULD SNAG THAT INSTANTLY!!!

best thing ive seen all day.
and it came in late too, the day is over in 7 minutes :P

yeah man there is one on ebay that is sexy as hell a limited edition but is more expensive

getting back to the topic i dont know what to get now if a 6 string acoustic or a uke

i could bring uke everyday too school since is very small and learn songs but i dont know if i could practice my guitar techniques on an uke like hammer ons and pull offs like would i benefit out of it at all in a guitar?

i could bring my acoustic guitar to school as well but not everyday since i have other classes where i cant bring my guitar like weight training and the pros is i could practice guitar techniques on a guitar

any suggestions on what should i do?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
i did some more research and i think i found the guitar im going to get.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEF30E-AcousticElectric-Guitar-with-Onboard-Tuner?sku=512480

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEL20E-AcousticElectric-Guitar-with-Onboard-Tuner?sku=519998

but can someone tell whats the difference between these 2 guitars besides the inlays?
they seem to have everything exactly the same
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
I recently bought a uke, I bought a Baton Rouge soprano and it's great fun, you can definitely practice most of your guitar techniques on it and you can have a lot of fun at the same time. Tabs are definitely more difficult to find than guitar tabs but you can work them out with little trouble.

The two guitars you posted have different electronics, the AEF30E has an SQR pickup and SRT preamp and the AEL20E has a sonicore pickup and SST preamp.
Don't bother with either. Ibanez acoustic guitars are known to be poor quality.
Equipment:

Don't bother with either. Ibanez acoustic guitars are known to be poor quality.

i had originally a aeg10 ibanez acoustic and i think it was a pretty good acoustic for the price it was

but what would be your recomendation for something around 200-300-400 for an acoustic i really want the cutaway on the acoustic since is pretty nice for soloing

i dont really want to go up to 400 but if it is worth it i woulnt mind

I recently bought a uke, I bought a Baton Rouge soprano and it's great fun, you can definitely practice most of your guitar techniques on it and you can have a lot of fun at the same time. Tabs are definitely more difficult to find than guitar tabs but you can work them out with little trouble.

im still thinking of buying the ukulele as well but im not really sure yet i have to check at the music store but i want to do some reserarch before choosing something
what is the difference between the ukuleles that are soprano tenor and that kind of thing which one is the most common one that will help me learn alot of songs?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
im still thinking of buying the ukulele as well but im not really sure yet i have to check at the music store but i want to do some reserarch before choosing something
what is the difference between the ukuleles that are soprano tenor and that kind of thing which one is the most common one that will help me learn alot of songs?

There are 4 sizes, soprano being the smallest, there are concert, tenor and baritone, all are tuned to GCEA apart from baritone which is DGBE, they use re-entrant tuning. Soprano is the most common and is the smallest, I chose a soprano as it's the most portable, cheapest (generally), and most common. You can learn the same amount of songs on any, so it's just whichever you like most personally.
These are what I would suggest.

The Ibanez guitars aren't even made of any solid wood, which is a big in my books.
Equipment:

There are 4 sizes, soprano being the smallest, there are concert, tenor and baritone, all are tuned to GCEA apart from baritone which is DGBE, they use re-entrant tuning. Soprano is the most common and is the smallest, I chose a soprano as it's the most portable, cheapest (generally), and most common. You can learn the same amount of songs on any, so it's just whichever you like most personally.

k thanks for advice i would get a soprano then

These are what I would suggest.

The Ibanez guitars aren't even made of any solid wood, which is a big in my books.

the guitars you showed me have no cutaway
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
They will all probably come in cutaway form. You just need to specify it at the store/online/wherever.
Equipment:

Quite by accident I ended up owning a Cort Earth 70.

Solid spruce top, dove tail neck joint. Made in China.

It's built well. Stays in tune. Intonation is dead on. Action is nice.

I think you can get used all day for about $100.00.

Even though it's cheap, I hate to refer to it as "low end".

And, if you do a little digging, you will be surprised to learn where the low to mid price guitars are made...

As to the remark about Ibanez not being made of solid wood, there are many good guitars that are not all "solid" wood.

A Taylor 110 is a respectable guitar, with laminated sides and back.

Don't be put off by a guitar with laminated structure.

Solid woods, unless properly seasoned, are not as structurally stable as laminate.

I've known luthiers to not even touch a piece of wood until it was twenty years old, to make sure it had stabilized. I've read of Spanish guitar houses that have passed woods down that were fifty and sixty years old.

Guaranteed, modern production guitars that are all wood have not stabilized their woods that long.

Anyway, didn't mean to go off on a tangent, but if I were going to get a guitar to throw in the car, take to school, I'd look at a Cort 70 or 100.

just my two pennies...