Firstly it for playing small pubs and clubs, and its for playing Alternative/Indie such as The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys and The White Stripes.

At the moment I have a Line 6 Spider III 75w and a Line 6 Spider I 100w. I think theyre good but everyone goes on about how bad they are.

But would a tube be a lot better and how many watts dose it need to be to be loud enough.
Whats your budget?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
30 watts with a 212 cab would be enough (like a VOX AC30 CC head with the cab), especially if you wanted some crunch. If you're needing clean headroom, get something like the 60 watt Fender Hot Rod Deville, lotsa headroom, actually pretty much all the tube Fender amps have cleans in spades.
My buget is around £350 - £450
Last edited by will_ot at Oct 18, 2008,
Crate V33 2x12?
might not be a good choice if you don't have pedals, cause it's a single-channel amp so switching from clean to gain would be a bit tough. But then again, its a pretty cheap amp, so you could get a Tubescreamer (which you will probably get at some point or another anyways) and/or some kind of distortion pedal.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
If you like them, then keep them.

If you want to get another amp, then sell the two spiders.
Quote by will_ot
Yeah thats what I was thinking, but would a tube be a lot better?

It all depends on your ear.

To my ear, and the ears of those who play the music you are trying to emulate, yes they are better.

And since you're in the UK, get a Laney.
Quote by will_ot
Yeah thats what I was thinking, but would a tube be a lot better?

Yes. Sell your Spiders and get a nice Laney.
ಠ_ಠ
So would a Laney VC30 be best then?
Last edited by will_ot at Oct 19, 2008,