Okay

So we played our First SHOW LAST NIGHT and I have a 2x10 CRATE solid state amp with 31 DSP effects. I have a digitech RP-80 running into the amp and it is BUZZING LIKE CRAZY during the show. How embarassing...anyway. I play an Epiphone Coronet with a P-90 pickup. HOW can I make the feedback, buzzing or all of it stop? It ALWAYS happens with this guitar, but I LOVE the tone of it. I tried noise gates and everything I can think of. Thanks

Kenny from BEdwell
www.myspace.com/bedwellmusic
try it without the effects, try it straight into the amp on a cable you know is not buzzing.

isolate that it's only the guitar making noise.

if you're sure it's not external power sources, cables, efects, or the venue, then repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks. I did try that and no buzzing noise at all. Just when the effect is on. We tried using a ground plug on the effect AND the amp when plugged in with no avail.....

Its only when I have my effect pedal on
Quote by Bedwell2005
thanks. I did try that and no buzzing noise at all. Just when the effect is on. We tried using a ground plug on the effect AND the amp when plugged in with no avail.....

Its only when I have my effect pedal on

Then a noise gate should be able to fix it - put it after the pedal that's causing the buzz.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
the noise gate I have on the effect pedal sucks. I want control of my feedback and no buzz is what I mean to say. I want my cake and I want to eat it too....!
You're putting a ss at high volumes and running a multi-effect through it...try getting a tube amp.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Don't use the noise gate on that.

Get an actual noise gate/supressor pedal. The iSP Decimator is widely regarded as the best pedal for this purpose.

Start a fund towards a better amp as well, it will help in the long run.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
if it is the amp itself and not a cable or a guitar or an effect, it might be a coupling cap is leaky and delivering the clamping dc to the output... i fixed one of these this week... let a tech do it... it will be a LOUD obnoxious hum... good luck...
master the beginner's mind
Simple solution is ditch the multifx. Sorry but its one of those really cheap units not known for high quality.
^+1

imo, you dont spend a hundred bucks buying an NS for a multi fx pedal.

you take that fx out of the pic, and you buy a higher quality single unit box that best represents the sound you're after.

ok, maybe there were a couple if tones you liked in that multi. but honestly, you want to start thinking about the big picture. if you're out there gigging, it's time to start thinking about the next level of gear.

also, did you try the multi fx with battery or plugged in?
sometimes you will get less noise using a battery.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
did it only buzz at the show?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I Did get a different guitar cord and it took some of the buzz away but even without the pedal it still has a slight buzz especially at higher volumes even with my les paul copy(epoch). The amp has really nice tone especially with the Epiphone Coronet but that guitar seems way too hot for ANY amp(feedback, squeeks, etc...)....I bought the amp for $89 from Guitar Center a week ago yesterday

My dad was in the crowd after our set and made the comment as he points to the next bands guitarists Marshall JCM halfstack "You need one of those. I am buying you one!" Yeah right...hope he knows he needs to drop a few grand....

If I did want a Marshall amp for cheap($300-$500) would a Valvestate work pretty good? I seen a halfstack for sale for $350 for the head and cabinet(both Marshall)...I just don't know what the easiest fix is. I could get a line 6 flextone for $200 at guitar center....
Some people will flame over thinking about getting a Valvestate.....they're not as bad as some say (WAY better than the MGs, let's not get started on that).....but in all honesty, if you have that to spend, I would look for a used tube combo, and maybe save a bit more to get it, but then you'll have a way better, more versatile amp. Along those lines, don't bother with the Line 6 either.

I also agree on ditching the multi-fx.....and, how did you come into getting an Epiphone Coronet? Is that a remake or a '60s original?
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....