Dunno. I'll bet they're OK.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
For $30, those pickups aren't going to be any better than the pickups already in your Epi LP Standard. Hell even if they were $30 each they wouldn't be any better.

Epi LP Standard's pickups are based off the design of the Gibson '57 Classic pickups, just made in the Chinese factories rather than in the American factories. So to get noticably better, you're going to have to look at pickups in the range of at least $50 each. You're certainly better off just saving up more and buying some better quality pickups.

Also, consider changing your amp. 99.99% of the time when people want to adjust their tone, they're better off either changing amp or getting a good EQ system, rather than changing pickups.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I would pass on them, and get the GFS pickups. The blow out stuff is not their's and is not great.
Quote by MrFlibble
For $30, those pickups aren't going to be any better than the pickups already in your Epi LP Standard. Hell even if they were $30 each they wouldn't be any better.

Epi LP Standard's pickups are based off the design of the Gibson '57 Classic pickups, just made in the Chinese factories rather than in the American factories. So to get noticably better, you're going to have to look at pickups in the range of at least $50 each. You're certainly better off just saving up more and buying some better quality pickups.

Also, consider changing your amp. 99.99% of the time when people want to adjust their tone, they're better off either changing amp or getting a good EQ system, rather than changing pickups.

but i have a classic 30 haha no eq system though besides the onboard one.
lol - the writer wrote "So if you really are looking for great tone I strongly suggest you step up a few bucks for a set of our GFS pickups "

do you like alot of treble?
Quote by BR0THERALEX
lol - the writer wrote "So if you really are looking for great tone I strongly suggest you step up a few bucks for a set of our GFS pickups "

do you like alot of treble?

meh idk? i dont really look into these things
get real gfs ones still pretty cheap and much better if those were $20 they'd be worth it not $30 though
i would save up for a pedal or FX workstation. I had so much fun with a gnx 3 that i hurt my fingers playing so much one night. it was $117 at GC clearance.

go try some pedals out at a store - then price shop on the net.

live.com will get you 30% off ebay BIN / PAYPAL if you can follow instructions.

good luck
Your epi pickups are going to be better than the pickups you are looking at. Don't downgrade.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Man, don't bump within an hour of your previous post.

That's all I have to say.

my bad.

@ CorduroyEW: i have pretty much all the pedals in need..lol
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why don't you tell us what you find lacking about your tone?

its muddy. and a little dull. not clear...idk...and the pickups have microphonics issues.
Last edited by AJS19 at Oct 19, 2008,
Then go with some decent Duncans or DiMarzios instead. Or get some made by nuthinbuttrubl8 here on UG. He makes great pickups to your specs, from what I've heard
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by AJS19
its muddy. and a little dull. not clear...idk...and the pickups have microphonics issues.

Be more exact.
The more exact you get, the more I can help you.

Which pickup positions are we talking about?
What's your amp's current EQ?

What microphonics issues? To a point, ALL pickups are susceptible to hum and feedback. It's common when you use a healthy amount of gain. Feedback is also unavoidable if you stand near your amp.