Ok i just got my vyper 75w and sg400 for my b-day, but i cant fingure the stupid amp out. Its already making me mad. So im in the tune option to tune my guitar and i tune it to the correct note (E A D G B E) and when it says all the notes are perfect i go to play a cord and it sounds like some little kid just screwed around with your tuners. The manual explains nothing on it.
Also the amp sounds like crap when its on gain. when your just sitting there theres the most annoying sound and when theres no effects on and only gain theres a delay...
help please...
For some reason the delay is on when you turn the amp on the first time. Press the effects knob (that puts the amp in edit mode) Then the mid and high knobs also work the delay use them to turn the delay off. As for the tuner question does your guitar have active pickups? My amp does that with my Explorer (w/ EMG's) but it works fine on my other guitars with passive pickups. If you have any other questions I'll try to help. You can also check the Vypyr thread.
idk what active pickups are. im just getting back into guitars. its an epihpone sg-400 if that helps any.
Also, any info on the buzzing\feedback noise? Could it be that its so big that its not ment to play at bedroom sound levels? Theres a power output knob that u can change it to min\max and its set on min and the feedback or whatever it is is crazy loud. even if the guitars just sitting there its loud as crap.
Last edited by ncbrock at Oct 18, 2008,
Most Epiphone G-400's have passive pickups. Some do have active. If they're chrome or black with chrome pole peices (dots) they're passive. What do they look like?

Mine buzzes when a TV or computer screen is on in the room. Some amp models buzz more than others. Which one are you using?
Actives=EMGS and Blackouts

anyways the epiphone doesn't have actives.

sorry i have no more contributions to this thread
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
great, but that doesnt solve my problem? making me mad because i cant play until its in tune.
try tuning the guitar to itself

on the 6th string do a harmonic on the 5th fret and on the 5th string do one in 7th and move the tuning peg until the warararararaa stops
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
move away from the amp and dont hit the guitar. When it starts make that noise again put your head lightly on all of the strings. If it stops, its just feedback. If it doesn't seek help.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
great, but that doesnt solve my problem? making me mad because i cant play until its in tune.
Im thinking of switching it for something else. Maybe a marshal. I liked the line 6 spyder WAY better.
Last edited by ncbrock at Oct 18, 2008,
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Oh, I see the problem now... you're an idiot.

thanks. i love people on the internet that make immature statements like this. If your saying this because i like the line 6 better thats my opinion and yours. It hasnt been proved that the peavy is better its just different people like different things.
so the chords sounded better before you tuned it with the amp then? use a different tuner, if the chords still dont sound good when its "in tune" then you need to intonate your guitar. my peavey vypyr 15 is a god send for bedroom playing, i love it. the tuner is very confusing so i dont use it much but there is no feedback what so ever on mine.

otherwise mess with the eq if it doesnt sound good with distortion.
ncbrock - I'm not saying that because you like the Line 6. I'm saying that because you said you liked the Line 6 WAY better, but bought the Peavey instead. Duh!
Quote by ncbrock
thanks. i love people on the internet that make immature statements like this. If your saying this because i like the line 6 better thats my opinion and yours. It hasnt been proved that the peavy is better its just different people like different things.

I think your EQ is messed up and you don't know how to use anything else. Go to the store and ask them to show you around.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Something tells me TS is a troll.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
well you you might b e tuning your guitar up so that the strings are in tune but if the intonation is screwed it wont sound right so check that before you cry about the amp more
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I got the guitar in tune finally, i just did trial an error by ear. And i didnt buy the amp. My mom id for my b-day. She said the guys convinved her to buy the peavy instead.
Quote by ncbrock
I got the guitar in tune finally, i just did trial an error by ear. And i didnt buy the amp. My mom id for my b-day. She said the guys convinved her to buy the peavy instead.

I know you have your opinion, but it really is for the best. The peavey really is a better amp. Tat Spider is horrible once you realize what good sounds like. Ask anyone here and they will tell you the same.

Heej, why don't you buy a guitar tuner or tune it on the internet?
It isent that hard
go to this site, press the A440 button and tune from there. fukk the wypyr tuner
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by kranoscorp
Something tells me TS is a troll.

I wouldn't say that. I've used a few tuners and when i went to play a chord it sounded like a few of the strings were way off. All I can say is make sure you tune slower and that the amp is recognizing what string you are tuning.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
its either the tuner is defective which i never trust amp tuners you should just by a seperate tuner or most likly because its a new guitar your inotation is off which a setup can fix
and about the line 6s there are amny people here that have been playing for a long good while and can point out the problems and say whythey perfer the vypyr but your are allowed your own opinion
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
i have to vypyr 30. the tuner isn't that good

buy a 20 dollar tuner, OR learn to tune by ear

dont return your vypyr they are awesome