Ok, so I've decided to buy a Bugera combo. Which one should I get: the Bugera 6262 combo or the Bugera 333 combo.

They are both the same price so I don't know which one is better for my music style.

My music style is Death and other extremely hi-gain metal.

So what do you guys think. I'll also probably be using an overdrive pedal to boost the distortion.

Thanks.
I just got the 6262, if you play high gain, your going to want the 6262, good cleans too.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp

models XXX
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
i like the 333XL better, either buy the combo and change the speakers or buy the head and a diffrent cab.
What's the difference between the 6262 and the 333? They are both the same price. I need a combo btw cuz it's easier to carry around, so I'm not buying a stack. And, the speakers so bad that I should change them? If so, how expensive does it get to buy good and reasonably-priced speakers and get it changed professionally?

My main question is, how are the 333 and 6262 different? Different sound?

Thanks.
333 = peavey XXX, 6262 = peavey 6505. The stock "bugera" speakers are really garbage. for reference- they're used in the behringer cabs!! some decent celestions are gunna set you back around 200$ for two of em. this was the factor that really turned me off bugera- the fact that I'd need to buy a head and another brand's cab, or buy your own speakers for the combo... and both options made the bugera competitively priced with other more well known brands!
Last edited by elguapo2k at Oct 19, 2008,
I've heard that the 6260 has more gain than the 6262. So I'm not gonna buy the 6262. What about the 333? Does the 333 have more gain than the 6262? And does the 333XL have the most gain?
I would go 6260 man. I have a friend that's owned 2x 6260, and a 333. He sold his first 6260 to a friend, and picked up a 333 because he liked the 6260 so much. He didn't like the 333 at all for his deathmetal band, and bought another 6260, the lack of a presence control really killed it for him. I've heard more cases of 333 and 333xl failures than the 62xx series too, I believe it's just more to go wrong. If the 333XL is voiced like the JSX, I personally wouldn't grab that either. It has plenty of gain, but it's voiced like a shred amp imo.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
I've heard that the 6260 has more gain than the 6262. So I'm not gonna buy the 6262. What about the 333? Does the 333 have more gain than the 6262? And does the 333XL have the most gain?

the 6260 has "slightly" more gain the 6262. but its not noticeable at all really. they both have insane amounts of gain on tap. i just liked the 6262 cause it has seperate eqs for each channel while the 6260 shares an eq section for both channels. i use a good bit of gain on my 6262. i keep my gain setting on about 6 or 7 and theres PLENTY left over. haha

the 6260/6262 have ALOT more gain then the 333/333XL series.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Please dont base your purchase on what has most gain as that just reeks of noob whos using it to hide sloppy playing. You do need a certain amount of gain to do metal well granted but all the amps Iv played by Bugera have enough gain easy(333 and 6262). Base your decision on the general tone you want and the features you will need. Personally I find the 333 more versatile and to have the better cleans it just had more of a range to my ears. I thought 6262s gain was a bit of a one trick pony and a bit too fuzzy for my liking too.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
im lookin into one of the heads also, what is the difference between valve and tube? ebay (reliable source, i know) says that the 6260s and the 333 are valve and the 333xl is tube. better?

edit: i looked at them all, and it says the 333xl has el34 tubes, which im not as much of a fan of as the 6l6's....still dont know the difference between tube and valve. and at the end of the day, the 333 and the 6260 look the exact same, except the 333 has more knobs for eq, it looks like
Last edited by metaldrummer101 at Oct 19, 2008,
Valve's and Tube's are the same thing.
Last edited by Epision at Oct 19, 2008,
most people in America call them tube. and most foreign countries call them valve. its all the same thing.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by mcrfobtai

+1
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Ok, so does the 6260 have enough gain for death metal without the help from an OD pedal boost? I'm probably gonna buy the BOSS ME-50 Multi-Effects Pedalboard as soon as I save up money after buying the 6260. I need that because I don't have any effects other than a wah. And the ME-50 includes a bunch of different ODs built in, too. So anyone here who has used (or knows) the gain from the Bugera 6260, will I need to boost distortion for death metal?

The pedal board goes in the FX Loop right? (even though I might use the OD from it?)

Thanks.
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
Ok, so does the 6260 have enough gain for death metal without the help from an OD pedal boost? I'm probably gonna buy the BOSS ME-50 Multi-Effects Pedalboard as soon as I save up money after buying the 6260. I need that because I don't have any effects other than a wah. And the ME-50 includes a bunch of different ODs built in, too. So anyone here who has used (or knows) the gain from the Bugera 6260, will I need to boost distortion for death metal?

The pedal board goes in the FX Loop right? (even though I might use the OD from it?)

Thanks.

its has more then enough gain to do death metal!!
you really do not need any OD on the amp. it has plenty on tap.
do you really need a Multi-effects pedal?
i would get a few good single pedals. the sound is SO much better.
i would get you a good noise gate pedal as well like a MXR Smart Gate or a ISP decimater cause with all high gain amps comes a bit of noise
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Even though I suggested the 6262 in a earlier post, they both have enough gain for death metal, but they have two different distortion sounds, I reccomded the 6262 because its what I liked better but you might like the 333xl's distortion better. Also I tried the 6260 also and felt that the 6262 was a tad tighter and punchier.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Quote by mrxtreme_4
Even though I suggested the 6262 in a earlier post, they both have enough gain for death metal, but they have two different distortion sounds, I reccomded the 6262 because its what I liked better but you might like the 333xl's distortion better. Also I tried the 6260 also and felt that the 6262 was a tad tighter and punchier.

Which of the Bugeras gets closer to Arch Enemy, Cradle of Filth, and Children of Bodom tone?
i would say the 333 or the 6260/6262
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
Which of the Bugeras gets closer to Arch Enemy, Cradle of Filth, and Children of Bodom tone?

I'd still say a 6262
Gear:
Line6 UX2
yeah my first choice would be the 6262 since i own it. its a great amp with a great tone to it. great distortion and everything

the 333 is a good amp as well from what i hear
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Which one has the most breakdown problems?

Another question.... Is it OK to use an MXR Smart Gate and the BOSS DD-7 Delay in the FX Loop together? If so, how would I put it?

Is it like this?

SEND -> BOSS DD-7 -> MXR Smart Gate -> RETURN

or

SEND -> MXR Smart Gate -> BOSS DD-7 -> RETURN

Btw, the DD-7 has two inputs and two outputs, which one would I use?
Here is what it says:

Connectors: INPUT-A (MONO) jack, INPUT-B jack, OUTPUT-A (MONO) jack, OUTPUT-B jack

So which inputs and outputs do I use if I will be connecting in an FX Loop with the MXR Smart Gate?

Thanks.
Quote by 1if3 0wn3r
Here is the picture of the BOSS DD-7. I don't get why there are two inputs and two outputs. One is MONO, one isn't.

http://images.guitarcenter.com//Stickers/GuitarCenter/120x120/merchTopSeller.gif

DON'T CLICK ON THAT ONE! That's the wrong picture. I by mistake copyed the URL for the "Top Seller" picture.

THIS IS THE ONE....

http://images.guitarcenter.com/products/full/Boss/633468026132903766.jpg
Does an MXR Smart Gate need a battery or power supply??? It doesn't say anything about it, but I don't usually see pedals that don't need battery or power supply power.
the MXR Smart Gate can take a 9volt battery or a power supply. either one. and i would put the Smart Gate in front of the amp. thats where mine is and it works wonders. it still works a good bit in the loop, but better up front. the delay can go through the loop for sure
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate