So ive been playing guitar for like 7 years, and i always wanted a bass because i wanted to learn some primus and flea , and i finnaly got one last mon. the trouble im having is that i cant play my bass without a pick! i can slap really good, but i wanna learn how to like "pluck" ( i think thats what its called, like when you use your pointer and middle finger), any suggestions will be greattly appreciated!
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
practice.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Quote by davebain27
So ive been playing guitar for like 7 years, and i always wanted a bass because i wanted to learn some primus and flea , and i finnaly got one last mon. the trouble im having is that i cant play my bass without a pick! i can slap really good, but i wanna learn how to like "pluck" ( i think thats what its called, like when you use your pointer and middle finger), any suggestions will be greattly appreciated!

i had this problem aswell, but what was funny though i learned how to do it in the middle of a gig ... we were playing our first "big" gig in front of about 200 teenagers partying and my pick decided to break (never had that issue in my life other than then) and i didnt have a spare so I just fingered/plucked it and did my best, been fingering ever since!

anyway... back to your problem...

mainly its just A LOT of practice and you will nail it, but it always helped me if i rested my thumb on the pickups for support when playing the E, then resting my thumb on the E string when playing the other strings. it doesn't sound like much at all, but seriously, it helps!