So... I want to learn theory as I think it will help my playing and my song writing/improvisation skills. So what should I learn first. Can you give me a linky to a good simple theory site? Or even better could you give me a crash course to get me started?
the pit is definatley not a place to post something like this...however the electric guitar forum would be a much more helpful/serious place. But because you are here: you best lube up....it will make this much less painful for all parties involved
Quote by sglover34479
Okay. Well I will leave the thread for now and see of I get any useful answers and if not I'll just delete it.

you won't find any... delete it.

EDIT: and put it where it belongs
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
just learn your fretboard first. its the only way you can use your theory for your guitar. also learning chords and scales are part of learning theory so go on the mainpage of ug and search up some lessons. Some are actually very helpful
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by slayer_zero
just learn your fretboard first. its the only way you can use your theory for your guitar. also learning chords and scales are part of learning theory so go on the mainpage of ug and search up some lessons. Some are actually very helpful

I already know a lot of chords and a few scales. I've been playing almost year.
LEARN TO READ MUSIC!

Seriously, you'll be doing yourself some favours, even if you're really slow at doing it.
if you're in school, take music theory ap
it helps a lot
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
intervals
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
Quote by sglover34479
Can you give me a linky to a good simple theory site?
Linky

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
LEARN TO READ MUSIC!

Seriously, you'll be doing yourself some favours, even if you're really slow at doing it.

I can read music, and I can honestly say, in seven albums, countless gigs, numerous TV appearances and various bits of session work, I've never once needed to.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...
Quote by sglover34479
So... I want to learn theory as I think it will help my playing and my song writing/improvisation skills. So what should I learn first. Can you give me a linky to a good simple theory site? Or even better could you give me a crash course to get me started?

Use your ears, maan.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...