I just always took it for granted that they had some kind of value. But I've been starting to notice everything is "this is awesome!" "this is better than brand x that costs three times as much!" etc etc. And then when I tried to post a review that told the truth about how bad a certain amp was, it magically never made it to the page.

What do you think?
They're not any better than UG's if you're talking about lower end gear.

Their forum is pretty cool though, some of them own amps most of us haven't even dream of.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by krazylobster
I'd say most of the reviewers have no idea what they're talking about.

I wouldn't say most.... I think you're ignoring higher-end gear ie. Soldanos, VHTs and that kind of stuff.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Think about who posts gear reviews. Do you really think someone that just sunk whatever amount of money into whatever piece of gear is going to then say it is a piece of crap. Just psychologically for their own peace of mind they are going to like it more just because it's something that they bought.
it's called bias of voluntary response
and you know biased samples are good for nothing
Well there's another bias going on, that harmony central ignores non-favorable reviews.
Personally, I thought their reviews have helped me a lot. From experience, you can just tell whether the one making the review is full of bs just by looking at what gear they're using to test the product out.
Better would be to find a video review on youtube or somewhere else. Best would be drag your ass down to your local music shop and see if they have anything you want.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

They do that so they can actually sell amps. If people had bad reviews on that amp, which they ned to sell for some reaosn or another, nobody would buy it.
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
Quote by tantamo
And then when I tried to post a review that told the truth about how bad a certain amp was, it magically never made it to the page.

Maybe you just suck at the internet

There are many examples where people have given something a 1/10 because they didn't know what they bought. HC does not filter out reviews from people who didn't like the product. Stay on topic and your review will absolutely be posted.

"I tried to post a review that told the truth about how bad a certain amp was"
So you're basically calling everyone else who had reviewed that product a liar, even when clearly these things are subjective?

It's all a conspiracy? Grow up.
Most user written reviews are totally useless. It's because people usually write them in the 'honeymoon period' or because half of them have no clue about gear what-so-ever. Everyone has to start somewhere, but if you've been playing for half a year and have only had a dozen guitars in your hands and are trying to tell me that something definitely is 'da best geetar eva!', than I can't take you seriously.
And then there's the disappointed people who are angry and just want to start brand bashing.

If you want a good laugh, the reviews section on UG has a lot to offer.
Quote by TheQuailman
Most user written reviews are totally useless. It's because people usually write them in the 'honeymoon period' or because half of them have no clue about gear what-so-ever. Everyone has to start somewhere, but if you've been playing for half a year and have only had a dozen guitars in your hands and are trying to tell me that something definitely is 'da best geetar eva!', than I can't take you seriously.
And then there's the disappointed people who are angry and just want to start brand bashing.

If you want a good laugh, the reviews section on UG has a lot to offer.

All gear has a honeymoon period, it's not just noobs that get their first Gibson and Marshall stack.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
its always people who are like i own this amp it is sssssooooo gooood dont by another amp i trust ug more because there are peole like dave mc to point you to the right amp
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!