Hey guys! Um, I've been wanting to get a pedal a while ago, but the truth is I know nothing about it... And I really need some advice.
I have an Epi Les Paul Standard, and I want something that gives several effects to the sound...

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
wow, there is so much to know. poke around GG&A for a while, or just go to guitar center and go nuts.

edit:

there are a couple of key categories for pedals:

-distortion/overdrive
-delay/reverb
-modulation (chorus, phaser, flanger)
-wah

along with these, there are also clean boosts, EQ's, compression/sustains, loopers, and noise gates.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Oct 18, 2008,
If you know nothing about them then there should be know reason for you to want one.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
i agree that there's no reason to get a pedal if you only want one for the sake of having it.

do you want distortion? reverb? chorus? flanger? wah? compressor? EQ? fuzz? overdrive?

there's so many things.

if you just want a pedal for the sake of having one, get a multi-effect pedal that's under 100 bucks...

this way you'll figure out what pedal you really want, and you can buy it
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
flanger ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Thanks

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!