hey, im gonna put new pickups in one of my guitars for the first time, and i am thinking about putting an emg h4 in the neck, and something else in the bridge(prolly a sd), and i was wondering if i would need to router anything for the h4?
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Last edited by jermzxsugarx at Oct 18, 2008,
I feel really really bad for you because you want to put a passive EMG in a guitar to replace stock pickups. Passive EMG's are absolutely terrible. If you are going to get an EMG it needs to be active. Also, I wouldn't even recommend getting an active EMG anymore because the Seymour Duncan Blackouts blow them out of the water for the most part. If you want passives, go for Duncans or DiMarzios, but if you want a good active sound, go for Blackouts. We really need to know the guitar, and the style of music you play to make any more suggestions.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
im putting them in my esp ltd m10, and i play all types of music.
i dont want to put active pickups in it. do you think it would be better to put an sh4 and sh2 in it?
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Yeah, EMG's passives are horrible. Go for a JB - '59 combo.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
thanks, also i was thinking about sanding off the paint, and keeping it with a natural finish maybe
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
After you sand it, you may want to go over it with an acrylic clear coat or a stain to protect it.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
ive never put new pup's in before, so is there anything else ill need to get for putting them in?
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
why not actives? If your worried about routing for a battery, that is not neccessary.. the battery should fit in your control cavity..

Depending on what pickups you buy you may need to replace the pots.
If you are changing from a single coil to a humbucker, you will need to change from 250k to 500k pots,
if you are changing from a humbucker to a single coil, you will need to change from 500k to 250k pots
If you are chosing active pickups, you will need to change all of the pots to 25k.
good Luck
im switching from humbuckers to humbuckers, will i need to buy new wires, or will the pickups come with them?
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
^no, the pups will have the wires attached. and get a soldering iron and rosin-core electrical solder.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
^thx, thats what i wanted to know, i have a friend who will help me solder the pickups to my pots
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
Last edited by jermzxsugarx at Oct 19, 2008,