well for christmas i got a very low budget but i just really want something i can mod later on and something thats better than this Starcaster by fender peice of crap i play hard rock and metal and sometimes some clean heres the two i am lookin at.

http://www.rondomusic.com/wrl595bk.html

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nexvthcubafl.html

open to suggestions too but around here i always here that these guitars are your best bang for your buck.
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
WTF!! where is everybody!!! 45 freakin' minutes and still no response! god was there a party that everyone in the universe was invited to but me! naa there probally isnt...o god what if there is...i am hated!!

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Chill the **** out it's a message board not an IM session. But in response to your question I've heard really good things about Rondo Music's guitar.
were you not invited either...its ok....thanks for your input

Quote by Prophet of Page
No man I just got back from the party. Anyone whos anybody was there. Cept you of course ...=D
if you are gonna buy something from rondo music, start from the agile models
sx and douglas guitars aren't very good overall. sx guitars are good if you are simply gonna mod it, but as a player's guitar, it's pretty much a shot in the dark.

xaviere guitars, on the other hand, are even less known than the agiles,
but I've heard some good stuff about those as well... don't know about their quality control, though
Quote by d3mon slay
No man I just got back from the party. Anyone whos anybody was there. Cept you of course ...=D

well how was the party i am guessing you left because i was not there.

Quote by Prophet of Page
Quote by eahilder
well how was the party i am guessing you left because i was not there.

It was awesome, ladies and alcohol for everybody.

+1 for the Agile.
ಠ_ಠ
Yeah man it was great. Zeppelin was there and they played all of their songs ( with john bonham making an appearance) ! Shame you couldn't come.
agile is good, also look for used yamahas, they retain no value whatsoever, so you can get a good guitar for cheap and not have to worry about it losing value if you mod it, because it won't be worth anything anyways. Most Yamahas have an alder body and maple neck with a rosewood fretboard(most strats, teles, etc.) although some have more exotic appointments (I have a yamaha superstrat with a bubinga fretboard, it was $175 with a Levy's gig bag, suede Levy's guitar strap and a 15 watt Peavey Blazer) The only caution is that some of the Yamaha fat strat style guitars made in the last couple years have an agathis body, but these are ones that came in a starter pack. All the others (Pacificas, RGX Series, etc) have good tone woods.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!