i have a fender stratocaster with humbuckers and the other day the plastic around the screws was bothering me so i undid one of the screws and got the plastic off i got the screw back on butnow when i stand up and play the pickup will move up and down and sometimes will get high and touch the strings how doi screw the screw so it wont move up and down

p.s.

the humbucker has 2 screws on tht side

thanks
Quote by longhorntex6
i have a fender stratocaster with humbuckers and the other day the plastic around the screws was bothering me so i undid one of the screws and got the plastic off i got the screw back on butnow when i stand up and play the pickup will move up and down and sometimes will get high and touch the strings how doi screw the screw so it wont move up and down

p.s.

the humbucker has 2 screws on tht side

thanks

thats what the plastic is for, it has a spring that holds down the pickup, and lets you adjust the height of it. put it back on!
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
i mean lik when you get the guitar it comes with a thing of plastic to take off so wen its at the store there will be not scrates
Last edited by longhorntex6 at Oct 18, 2008,
Fender strats don't come with 'a thing of plastic' on them I think squier have that.
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
when you removed the plastic you took out the pickup height screw and released the spring under the pick guard.

to fix it you would need to take off the strings then the guard and find the spring and return it back to where it belongs. between the guard and pup, with the screw threaded thru it.

^yeah they do.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011