I am looking for a keyboard that is pretty cheap. I want to be able to upload settings onto it from the computer. (like i could upload sounds and set them to keys). Is this possible and what keyboards support this. I looked at a few Yamahas that have usb but they dont say that you can upload new sounds. Yamaha YPT-400 i think is the name of one keyboard i was intrested in.
alesis micron? i want one and have been trying to find one in a store that i could try out. they seem like they have good features, including usb connectivity and midi-sync.
i was looking into the alesis micron and a midi controller. The alesis is a little pricey and i want to be able to bring the keyboard with me and play it without a computer. Thank you for your help.
The Roland Juno-D is good, or one of the earlier models.
$800AUS is about as cheap as you would get for a decent synth with midi settings and stuff.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
i dont really need a synth. Just a keyboard that i could upload sounds to, if that exists. I love all of the roland synths but they are just out of my price range.
Quote by blacklabel22333
i dont really need a synth. Just a keyboard that i could upload sounds to, if that exists. I love all of the roland synths but they are just out of my price range.

like I told you:

Soft Sampler + MIDI Keyboard

if you don't mind paying the full price, then 500$ should do the trick...

software samplers -> torrents so all you need is a synth that has MIDI and a plug to get it to your computer. 200$-300$(you don't need a crazy minimoog synth, just synth that has MIDI protocols)

EDIT: ...and of course if you're rich then get a Fairlight CMI... just kiddin'
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
i currently have a keyboard with midi out. It is extremely basic. Is there some sort of hardware sampler that would take the midi of the keyboard and turn that into sounds. Basically it would do what the midi software would do on the computer
I do like the idea but i want to be able to bring the keyboard with me and use it without a computer

Quote by DirtyMakik
like I told you:

Soft Sampler + MIDI Keyboard

if you don't mind paying the full price, then 500$ should do the trick...

software samplers -> torrents so all you need is a synth that has MIDI and a plug to get it to your computer. 200$-300$(you don't need a crazy minimoog synth, just synth that has MIDI protocols)

EDIT: ...and of course if you're rich then get a Fairlight CMI... just kiddin'
Ibanez GAX w/Duncan's and Sperzels
Bugera 333 Head
4x12 Fane/Celestion Cab
Quote by blacklabel22333
i currently have a keyboard with midi out. It is extremely basic. Is there some sort of hardware sampler that would take the midi of the keyboard and turn that into sounds. Basically it would do what the midi software would do on the computer

why do you want a hardware?

software is wayyyy cheaper and, depending on your computer, is more reliable.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Thanks. I am definatly intrested in something like that. If i went the software route what would you reccomend and how would i set it up. I use adobe audition to record so i guess i would need some sort of vst or vsti plugin
that link is wrong i think. do you have any reccomendations. even ones that cost money would be fine
Quote by blacklabel22333
that link is wrong i think. do you have any reccomendations. even ones that cost money would be fine

the one at the top of the thread works though. sry

anything E-MU will do the job
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
if you want one that can actually store and play back samples then it's not going to be cheap, look into the korg triton series.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm