So I covered John Frusciante's "Prostitution Song" off the Brown Bunny Soundtrack. It is in my profile.

It's a beautiful song, and I've hope I've done it justice, etc.

For those of you familiar with the song, you may noticed that I left out a short little section in the middle. Uh...it's because I didn't like that part. But mainly because it's too hard and I just learned this song yesterday :P

There's also an extra-mini surprise at the end if you listen to the little 30-second section backwards.

Please post your own songs, I'll be happy to crit them.

TURN THE VOLUME UP!!!
Last edited by dchen93 at Nov 11, 2008,
A: Great taste in music I'm just gonna throw that out there.

B: You learned all of this yesterday? It is very well executed and put together. I really enjoyed the whole thing. I honestly don't really have any complaints other than some of notes sounded a bit dead and didnt ring as much as they should but overall great job.
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
I dug the how the guitars fade in and out. The recording is nice and crisp. The effects sounded really killer too. You also play with yourself very well. It sounds like 2 different guitar players are doing the harmonies.

Great job!

Thanks again for checking out my cover.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
This is a brilliant song and your cover is very good indeed. At first I thought it was a bit iffy but as it got into it it's very good indeed. Extremely raw and powerful piece of music this.

I love the wah you've done on some of the guitar, very imaginative. All the tone and playing is excellent, although there are a few off bits here and there, I feel that just makes the song.

I'm actually pretty impressed with this, I thought it would take a lot for me to be impressed by a cover of this song. This brilliant. Inspired me to try anyway.

5 stars.
I like your tone a lot. It doesn't match what the song does perfectly, but I think yours actually sounds better. Overall, I think you did a good job. You messed up a tiny bit at some spots but I'm not familiar with the song at all enough to tell you exactly what you did wrong. I gave you a 4/5 stars.
Haha, it's really not too impressive that I learned this in such a short time. It's really not too difficult to play, just a few tricky parts here and there (and the trickiest part omitted). Mainly recording all the separate tracks and syncing them together was the biggest challenge.

I'm hoping to re-record some of the lead lines. The higher strings sound very itty bitty on my cheap old acoustic. I wanna try and get a thicker tone out of them.

Thanks for all the crits, everybody.
You really played well on this recording. If you want to match John's tone more closely on the lead parts you should use a compressor. I'm trying to be more constructive here, but I'm not overly familiar with a lot of John's work. I am, however, somewhat familiar with his philosophies in realtion to music, and I think you've captured the spirit of this well.

I do have one question: Did you do the swell parts with a reverse delay, or with your recording program?

Overall awesome job.
Quote by Eggness
You really played well on this recording. If you want to match John's tone more closely on the lead parts you should use a compressor. I'm trying to be more constructive here, but I'm not overly familiar with a lot of John's work. I am, however, somewhat familiar with his philosophies in realtion to music, and I think you've captured the spirit of this well.

I do have one question: Did you do the swell parts with a reverse delay, or with your recording program?

Overall awesome job.

I used audacity to record and do all the effects, including the reverse parts. It's all acoustic played right into the mic, then some parts manipulated using the program.
Any tips on how to use a compressor effect, particularly the one in audacity?

Thanks for the crit!
I guess I didn't realize it was all acoustic. You wouldn't really want to use the compressor on Audacity. You would want to use a pedal compressor like a dyna comp. I thought the lead part was on electric guitar, sorry. I guess I should have been more observant....
Never heard the song, but sounds interesting. Nice clean recording and the mix seems well done. The fade in/out effect was well executed.
Love your tone and great playing..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots