Do any of you play the ukulele? Well, I have gained interest in it and am thinking about buying one. I don't even play or know how to play a regular acoustic guitar. I'm totally a newbie with guitars. Do you guys think it's a good idea to start with a ukulele.. because I heard it's easier to play, more compact, etc. What's the real difference (sound, chords, difficulty..) between an acoustic and ukulele; can I play the acoustic easier if I play a ukulele? I want to start playing the acoustic guitar also so should I just stick with an acoustic only or play both? Thanks!
Stick with the acoustic. They are 2 completely different instruments, and once you get the hang of playing your acoustic, playing the Ukulele should come easier.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
i just bought an ukulele about 2 weeks ago its pretty cool
Lanikai L21 Tenor if you were to buy one i recommend this one (its what i have)

but stick to guitar. ukuleles are easier because the frets are close together so you wont stretch your fingers as much but the chord shapes are very different and they throw me off sometimes
Play whichever is more fun to you. Ukeleles are basically the last 4 strings on a guitar as far as tuning (this is not exactly correct but to a beginner it basically is). If you learn the fingerings on a ukelele it will help you somewhat with acoustic but not completely.

Ukelele is definitely easier than guitar. They both have their own sound.