I have a Mexican Strat. Ive had the occasional problem, but nothing a change in pickups can't help. I noticed something else. Theres a noise that seems to be hardware buzz, but I cant find the cause. I checked the whammy bar, and i unscrewed it and it still happened. Then I looked at the bridge (6 point) and under the strings, a few of the screws arent screwed in all the way. Could this be the source?
i THINK some of the screws arent supposed to be all the way in in order to be able to use the arm
Oh... Do you think that dirty strings could cause this kind of issue? Im not sure. But Ive had it for a while. It sounds like a tinny rattle, like something is very lightly loose.
Yah, thelax is right. If you screw those all the way in your going to get irritated real quick because you will have no whammy bar action. That probably isnt the source, even though they arent screwed all the way in, they arent loose(at least they shouldnt be loose). So the screws most likely would not be the source of the problem.
Also, what other stuff did you check, the buzz could be one of numerous things, if you give us a little bit more info we might be able to more acurately help you.
"Without the sword, the law is only words"

\m/ (>.< \m/
Quote by athlete1
if you want to get sweeping results grab a mike and go BLOOOOLOOOLOOLOOOP BLOOOLOOOLOOPLOOOLOOLLLOOOOOO-and repeat.
its not the strings buzzing on a fret is it?

(Edit: sorry about the double post)

\m/ (>.< \m/
Quote by athlete1
if you want to get sweeping results grab a mike and go BLOOOOLOOOLOOLOOOP BLOOOLOOOLOOPLOOOLOOLLLOOOOOO-and repeat.
It could be the springs at the back of the guitar. You'll need to take off the plate at the back and check. The exact same thing happened with me.
It could possibly, but it doesnt sound like normal fret buzz. (Which I do have a small amount of) It sounds metallic and rattley
Quote by guitarsonist
It could be the springs at the back of the guitar. You'll need to take off the plate at the back and check. The exact same thing happened with me.

Hmm. I didnt think of that. So, what was causing it, and how did you fix it. This sounds like it could be it. It would explain me not being able to find the source.
ahh just look around in there, it could be a spring hitting your ground wire or something like that. I had that happen once, I just taped it to the body with a piece of duct tape so it wouldnt get in the way of the springs.

\m/ (>.< \m/
Quote by athlete1
Ill do that tomorrow, Ill go crazy if I do anything with my guitar right now. So, when these things happened to you guys, was it a rattly metallic noise?
Quote by AlskiOverload
Hmm. I didnt think of that. So, what was causing it, and how did you fix it. This sounds like it could be it. It would explain me not being able to find the source.

Well my guitar has a Floyd Rose tremolo which is a lot different from a strat tremolo. So I;m not sue if it can be fixed the same. Also I can't exactly remember what I did to fix it but I think I just raised the bridge. But raising the bridge on a Floyd rose is a lot different than on a strat so I'm really not sure sorry.
Just have a look and see if that' s your problem, and see what you can do.

edit : Yeah it was metallic, but more buzzy than rattly
Last edited by guitarsonist at Oct 19, 2008,
Yeah, I opened it the other week, and its pretty empty in there. I guess Ill just check out if the spring is out of whack in some way. At least this is something fixable (I hope)
I dont think it would be the spring itself but it would prolly be a good idea to at least check it out. I wish I could hold your guitar cause then I might figure it out but all I can tell you is keep inspecting everything and strumming all the while. That would be the best way to find the source of the problem.

\m/ (>.< \m/
Quote by athlete1
Ya, definitely. This guitar has definitely been a learning experience. Not to say its bad, but Ive found out a lot of things. Like tremelo goes out of tune quick. Strings go bad quick when its humid. A new guitar takes time to break in. Stock pickups are never as good as you hope. Etc.
Itll take a few bucks, but this is gonna be a great guitar when Im done.