I got my Peavey 6505 212 off ebay.

They forgot to ship my footswitch, the grill on the 'amp head' part wasn't screwed in. It's safe, I mean all that didn't bother me because I got the amp "new" (it looked pretty fuggin new) and I got it for $900
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
amps are build pretty solid. if anything you should be worry about is the tubes. ask them if they can take it out and put it in a separate place
I purchased my V16 off eBay, and not only did I get a steal but it showed up quickly and fully functional.

So long as the user has a good feedback rating, it's generally pretty safe.
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
Quote by ObsceneGestures
I purchased my V16 off eBay, and not only did I get a steal but it showed up quickly and fully functional.

So long as the user has a good feedback rating, it's generally pretty safe.

Yeah, I got my V16 off ebay as well.

It should be fine, provided that they pack it halfway decently.
Why would you risk buying it off ebay for $196.96 + $15 for shipping (total of $211.96), when you can buy it brand new from musiciansfriend for $199.99 + free shipping (total of $199.99)!?
Yea I caught one with a Vintage 30 for $253 and something like $30 for shipping.

You can definitely get some deals. Buy used!
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
That's safe man.
It won't get damaged, and get insurance so that if by any chance anything happens youre covered.
and it's 100% safe *from that guy*
He's a power seller. Which basically means the guy is a retail man, and his buying section just happens to be on ebay.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer