I'm just curious, what do you expect, or want out of your life here on earth. Are you hoping to change the world? Are you hoping to live a humble existence, achieving the goals that you have set for yourself, no matter what they may entail?

Or... are you like myself, trying to figure out why it is that I am here, and what my purpose is here?

The point I am trying to make of this thread, is that I am young and confused. Hard times bring out the best and worst of yourself. I have come to realize that different people have entirely different world views and goals for their existence. I just want to know if anyone else is in the same position as I am.
just stop thinking about it and go get shwasted.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Yeah, I am there too. Which is probably why I spent the time writing that bullshit.
I think a lot.

I think, first of all, that my biggest strong point is also my biggest weak point: I believe in the ability of the human nature to be more than it currently is. I believe we all have it in us to be better than we are. Smarter, more compassionate, and more capable.

With that in mind, my life is pretty much dedicated to getting the people I interact with the start achieving their potential. I don't want to save the world, because the world we live in isn't worth saving. I want to change the world. How? Intelligence, compassion, and evolution. I firmly believe that, if humans are to make it another 11,000 years, we MUST learn to embrace elightened self-interest. Within that, I believe we MUST understand that suffering anywhere is suffering everywhere, and that if something happens on your watch, you're just as responsible for it as whomever the perpetrator is. This is especially true for Americans. Our government is elected by us, and they do everything they do in our names. So, when a child in some hell-hole country that nobody's ever heard of dies, it doesn't matter if I actively killed him, because he died on my watch, from conditions I knew about, and with the supervised complacency of my government.

So, I guess my answer would be to live a quiet, humble life, achieving the goals I've set out for myself: which is to change the world in a deep and meaningful way.
I know that I will die. Everyone "knows" this; few people ever truly realize it. Accept it, get on with it. We're all on-call, and everything we do to put it off is a stall tactic.
I know that I only get one chance, so I have to make this one count. Maybe I'm never rich or famous. I'm definitely going to be remembered well by those who remember me at all if I can just help it (and ultimately, I can). Mrs. Johnson from the apartment upstairs who needs help with her groceries and the neighborhood kids I play basketball with and the VM I volunteer at will not forget me, even if I die right now. That's what matters.

I'm very spiritual, and there's one Bible verse I live by more than any other: "He has showed you, O man, what is good, and what has the LORD asked of thee but to act lustly, love mercy, and walk in humble adoration with the LORD your God."

I believe that you can love God without loving people for a little while, but that you can't continue to love God without understanding God, and since God loves people, the only way to understand God is to love people. If you love God, love people, love mercy, and love justice, you're probably doing it right. At least, that's how I see it.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
my goal in life is to rock

and of course to lead a fulfilled existence, whatever that means at this point in my life

beyond that, I'm not sure
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Actually, I'd like to start a suicide cult. I've been working on it in my manifesto.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by EVH_iS_g0d
just stop thinking about it and go get shwasted.

dude, man, your signature. has anyone ever told you what a real life HERO you are for fighting the good fight and not "moving on" to rap? it's that kind of bullheadedness that really defines a person. and to shut the door, to just say "no" to an entire GENRE of music...wow man, you are just unbelievable. and a minority, no less! i never knew such a meager percentage of teenagers like yourself were so unwilling to listen to music they weren't used to. in fact, i'd like to know exactly where you got those statistics, so i can tell all my friends about this COOL guy i saw on the internet. so if you'd be so kind as to just direct me to a website or provide any kind of support for this data which i'm sure is based on CAREFULLY conducted research and wasn't completely made up. thanks!
Last edited by Arthur Curry at Oct 19, 2008,
I'm at the point in my life to where I know what I want to do career wise, so I'm gonna work towards that, hopefully accomplish it, and then worry about my impact.

Right now, in the immortal words of Alexi Laiho, I dont give a flying **** mother****er.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by daytripper75
my goal ist two be driunk.

oh wait, i am,.

Dude, I know you are. I just don't understand why you did that to that girl for no reason. You're sick.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
To enjoy myself and live a good life with my partner. Thats it really.
You gonna bark all day little doggie?
I just wan to contiue living my life the way it it. I'm happy theres no point in ruining my little existence on the Earth.
I would like to change the world, or at least the people of the world, for the better. Most people don't realise that we are all one nation, one race, one society, not 300+ different, divided nations. That's what I would like to accomplish, ultimately. Whether I tell it to people, or sing it to people, just as long as someone gets it and someone understands.
Quote by st.stephen
I would like to change the world, or at least the people of the world, for the better. Most people don't realise that we are all one nation, one race, one society, not 300+ different, divided nations. That's what I would like to accomplish, ultimately. Whether I tell it to people, or sing it to people, just as long as someone gets it and someone understands.

Trees, too. And cars. We're all made out of atoms, brother. Keep the faith.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Trees, too. And cars. We're all made out of atoms, brother. Keep the faith.

Exactly.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Actually, I'd like to start a suicide cult. I've been working on it in my manifesto.

How does one go about joining this cult?
Quote by st.stephen
Exactly.

Don't encourage me. This is all going into that suicide cult.

"There are no real barriers, my friends. We're all the universe. We aren't a part of the universe, we are the universe. Now.. Lets take our lives, for when we die.. our atoms will become something else, and in that sense we are immortal. Now.. It is time."

*laces up Nike Cortez.*
Quote by imdeth
How does one go about joining this cult?

Got twenty bucks?
Quote by vintage x metal

I must say, that is kind of depressing for my taste , although it does make sense in a sense.
my goal is to have a hot wife that isnt extremely stupid but isnt so smart that its annoying, i dont really care about my job and my other goal is to keep all the same mates, most of the people i hang out with ive been around since i was a kid and i hope to keep it that way
I wanna play a biiiiiig gig one day in a biiiiig place.
I wanna operate a person's heart.
I wanna teach in University.
I wanna get laid.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
To get over myself and live alone. I want to learn to appreciate the beauty of everything.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
My purpose in life to destroy all humanity.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by monkeysintheday
I'm thinking about ending up a bit like this

Then we'll see what happens

OMG Jesus, LOL
My goal in life is to find something I enjoy doing and just keep doing it.

No matter how much they scream
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Make music which will likely never be heard by anyone, get a shitty job, get a shitty flat, save money perhaps selling drugs on the side, try as many weird and wonderful drugs as possible, travel to many different places, do plenty of snowboarding, study the occult and perhaps practice a little, write book addressing certain aspects of spirituality as well as ethnobotony and mind-expanding drug use as opposed to recreational use.

When above is carried out, suicide.

My life as I hope it will turn out.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
I'll become the president of Russian you'll see ! and who'll be laughing then? hem?

Then I'll bomb some random countries !!

*bursts in psychotic laughter*
I want to have fuuuuuuuuun. I've thought deeply about the meaning of life. Since I've come to the conclusion that there is none, I just want to make the best out of it.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by StevenJ128
I'm just curious, what do you expect, or want out of your life here on earth. Are you hoping to change the world? Are you hoping to live a humble existence, achieving the goals that you have set for yourself, no matter what they may entail?

Or... are you like myself, trying to figure out why it is that I am here, and what my purpose is here?

The point I am trying to make of this thread, is that I am young and confused. Hard times bring out the best and worst of yourself. I have come to realize that different people have entirely different world views and goals for their existence. I just want to know if anyone else is in the same position as I am.

Yes to every question. And I've realised I'm never getting the answers I want, at least not before I die, or even acheive my life goals, so I've kinda given up. I have no direction and no motivation. It's shit.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I just want to live my life for God and find love, and help change at least one persons life for the better
.. and if that fails, I want to go out doing something people will remember and have no regrets in life.
call me Shelby