Once i get my current pedal build into an enclosure and finish up I want to start working on a Little Gem mini stack. So, question time.

Is it worth buying a set of good speakers, designed for guitar frequencies or should I just get a set of speakers at a decent price regardless of whether they're for guitar amps?

I'm going to do a lot of changes to the circuit. I don't know what effects impedance and wattage but I think with all the crap I'm doing to it, it might be a little different than to a regular Little Gem. how do i know what ohm/watt speakers to get?

Last question.

Distortion. Should I add a switch between the gain pins to set the gain or should I add another distortion circuit?
As long as you keep the 386, it'll always be 1/2w (unless you start adding chips and transistors and shit).

While good speakers will drastically affect the sound of an amp (I played a Squier Sidekick through some '80s Kenwood cabs and it kicked a little ass), you may just want to get some good decently priced speakers fisrt, then see what happens.

The LG (i.e. the 386) can power from 4 to 16 ohms.

Add a seperat distortion circuit. The sound of a distorted 386 is shit.
if your gonna make a nice cab head or something, i would personally go with the little gem mkII or the ruby probably.

but i put a little gem into an old radio and used the speaker, its pretty cool, but i could probably make it sound a lot better with an appropriate resistance speaker and wattage. but it works for me, lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
What about this? splitting the signal and then running it through two little gems? Would that double the voltage/impedance?