okay i need a new guitar... price range is up to $300 au, prefer under 250, i play mostly rock and punk and a little hardcore/metal. I'm thinking of a mendez axv from the bay or maybe a squier strat...
Any suggestions?
I don't mind buying used gear.
if you dont mind buying used, try and pick up a beginner Ibanez/ESP/jackson from ebay... maybe also a squier tele/strat
save up $40 more and buy a rg170dx but thats the cheap and fast route but if you want quality save up more.
yeah i was thinking bout ibanez... not much on the bay atm tho... i'm trying to get my music teacher to sell me the schools fernandes strat... he doesnt realise how good it is and neither does anyone else lol
If you already have a guitar that works there is no point spending $300 on a new guitar that is marginally better. Save up
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
If you already have a guitar that works there is no point spending $300 on a new guitar that is marginally better. Save up

+1

300 will get u nothing in oz, unless you play a kmart strat you're better saving up to atleast 500, hey christmas is coming so u can pick up soemhting nice then
yeah but my current electric is plywood and the neck is stuffed cant play anything on the 1st fret
What about the ibanez Jet King for the genres i mentioned earlier?
You wont get anything thats not complete garbage new, but i have some good news for you, you can get quite a decent guitar off ebay second hand.

I saw a Fender 1970's original jap made strat go for 250 with hard case
Bottom of the range Jackson super strat (cost about 500 new) for 140 bucks
Ibanez with floyd rose edge 3 went for about 200 bucks

Pretty much any name brand guitar will be ok, especially if u go a jackson or ibanez etc. Whatever you do, dont buy a new "ebay" brand guitar like an AXL or Freedom they are not even worth the box's that they are sent in.

If it has to be new, try and stretch the budget up to about 400 bucks and go an Epiphone G400 with a bit of hardcore negotiating u should b able 2 get it at that price, i did.
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by e32lover
You wont get anything thats not complete garbage new, but i have some good news for you, you can get quite a decent guitar off ebay second hand.

I saw a Fender 1970's original jap made strat go for 250 with hard case
Bottom of the range Jackson super strat (cost about 500 new) for 140 bucks
Ibanez with floyd rose edge 3 went for about 200 bucks

Pretty much any name brand guitar will be ok, especially if u go a jackson or ibanez etc. Whatever you do, dont buy a new "ebay" brand guitar like an AXL or Freedom they are not even worth the box's that they are sent in.

If it has to be new, try and stretch the budget up to about 400 bucks and go an Epiphone G400 with a bit of hardcore negotiating u should b able 2 get it at that price, i did.

+1
Quote by 666_Pounder
If you don't have enough for tube get a Roland Cube.

Equipment:
Fender Squire Fat Strat Affinity series
Some cheap amp....
and what about the g-310?
EDIT: and i only suggested the Mendez AXV above cause basswood/maple is supposed to best tonewood combination.
Last edited by texzephyr at Oct 20, 2008,
save up about $500-600
and check out the ESP LTD EX-50
totally love it imo
Quote by texzephyr
and i only suggested the Mendez AXV above cause basswood/maple is supposed to best tonewood combination.

I guess Gibson and Fender have been getting it wrong all these years.....
sorry if that was a noobish comment but basswoods more middly than mahogany right? and a maple cap for extra brightness lol
[quote="'JE[F"]F']save up about $500-600
and check out the ESP LTD EX-50
totally love it imo
if i had more than 300 bucks tops i'd get an epiphone dot studio or similar lol... i dont play much metal but i rly like ibanez's.

EDIT: opinions on epi LP jrs?/g-310s?
I suppose if it has to be new, a g310 would be ok, i personally would prefer even an epi SG special over an EC-50, they are terrible guitars. Try second hand, if not, for that money you will just have to get the crapest (brand) guitar the shop sells

Where abouts in Aus are you? Theres a place in melb that sells some scratch and dent stuff, my mate got one of those awfull ESP EC-50's for $350

But you really should try and stretch the budget to a G400. IMO they are the cheapest decent guitars you can buy.
RG's & Mesa's
if you looked at my location below name lol
nearest music store for me is Barratts in Launceston and they only sell new stuff, in my price range only a Jordin pack, Squier Affinity or bullet strats .
so to the bay... or wait til next yr to go to red hot music in devonport.

EDIT: opinions: Ibanez (G?)RG170