Yo,
I made a thread a bit ago and got responses saying i should deifnitely get a seymour duncan for my JacksonJS30RR and Roland Cube 60.

I've been trying to look for a few of them on the net but there are so many on the website its untrue. I saw Invaders and thought they sounded like sometihng i'd be interested in but i thought i'd try get opinions from here.

I play metal with a blues influence and i want to get some of the nicest pinches, heavy chugs and clean solos out of it (which the pickup in my jackson does not want to do)

What are some of the good pickups made by seymour duncan and would match my style?
Thanks
Terry
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

blackouts
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
why does it have to be sd's, ive got a jb in the bridge of my les paul and its very good at heavy to clean, to blues. but ,my next pickups are going to be bareknuckle pickups, should check them out, loads of sound clips etc cheers
Quote by Azza Dutt
JB's sound almost perfect for you. Try them out.

+1

JB Bridge/Jazz Neck is a great combination. But I do agree, look into other companies, too.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Dimarzio and Bareknuckle pickups are good.
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
Quote by Tezza_Larks
Yo,
I made a thread a bit ago and got responses saying i should deifnitely get a seymour duncan for my JacksonJS30RR and Roland Cube 60.

I've been trying to look for a few of them on the net but there are so many on the website its untrue. I saw Invaders and thought they sounded like sometihng i'd be interested in but i thought i'd try get opinions from here.

I play metal with a blues influence and i want to get some of the nicest pinches, heavy chugs and clean solos out of it (which the pickup in my jackson does not want to do)

What are some of the good pickups made by seymour duncan and would match my style?
Thanks
Terry

Damn, I must have missed it

Invaders are shockingly bad and don't suit what you want to play anyway, and avoid the JB unless you want bucketloads of treble. Duncans aren't great value in the UK, and the truth is that changing pickups isn't going to make an awful lot of difference on an amp like the cube.

If you're dead set on changing them get some Swinesheads, Warthog in the bridge with a Runaway in the neck should do it.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Damn, I must have missed it

Invaders are shockingly bad and don't suit what you want to play anyway, and avoid the JB unless you want bucketloads of treble. Duncans aren't great value in the UK, and the truth is that changing pickups isn't going to make an awful lot of difference on an amp like the cube.

If you're dead set on changing them get some Swinesheads, Warthog in the bridge with a Runaway in the neck should do it.

www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk

what he said.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^That's some good advice.

This. Azrael >seagulls.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, I tried it. Meh, I like it.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 19, 2008,
It'd probably be better with a 6l6 or something, IMO. I like american voiced amps.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden