my girlfriend has an issue with her laptop, her father thinks he's a computer expert, but for some reason he comprimated his whole C disk, including windows: is there a was to undo this? you can't reverse it while windows is running so it should be done before startup or something :s

help me pit! :p
Last edited by numinis at Oct 19, 2008,
I know its not the right word but I honestly don't know what it is in english :s but I think most people will get what it means, its the thing that makes your files smaller but run slower, a pain in the ass to start up windows imo :s (he has more then enough disk space left so I honestly don't know why he did it)

edit: I allrdy reinstalled drivers (most of them didn't work because of this issue, the only thing I can't fix is windows)
Last edited by numinis at Oct 19, 2008,
compressed

and yes, it's very easy to fix. Go to my computer. Right click on C drive, click on properties. Right at the bottom there's two boxes that you can check or uncheck. The top one is the compression option. Uncheck that box.
Quote by st.stephen
compressed

ty very much! :p but an answer would be more usefull then a grammar correction
Quote by numinis
ty very much! :p but an answer would be more usefull then a grammar correction

It's not a grammar correction. Comprimation isn't a word and noone had any idea what you meant.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by st.stephen
compressed

and yes, it's very easy to fix. Go to my computer. Right click on C drive, click on properties. Right at the bottom there's two boxes that you can check or uncheck. The top one is the compression option. Uncheck that box.

it's not that easy, if you uncheck it, it starts fixing stuff but since windows is running, it can't fix those files (because those files are currently in use) I'll need something to do it on windows shutdown/startup I think
Quote by st.stephen
And I don't think you need to uninstall drivers.

yes I did since I couldn't decompress while they were running, so I re-installed them in a non-compressed part of the hard drive
tbh to me it sounds like you're making mountains out of molehills, but I take your word for it.
Also, I've never compressed my HD, so I assumed it would be fairly simple, apparently not though. At this point, I would suggest taking your query to the computer thread. The link's in the "only ultimate thread" thread or whatever it's called, it's stickied at the top.
Last edited by st.stephen at Oct 19, 2008,
Doesn't it just say something like "Do you want to do this after windows reboots"
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
Doesn't it just say something like "Do you want to do this after windows reboots"

only: ignore/ignore everything/try again