Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Quote by SBLAKELEY
fail

[quote="'JE[F"]F']Squier's are gay.
End of topic.
Why did you two brandfag-noobs bother coming into the thread in the first place then?

I regularly use squiers. Because i choose to, not because i can't afford anything else. I'm also really wanting a classic vibe duo sonic. if these brandfags think the classic vibe series sucks then they are absolute morons.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
i have two fenders and i'm very happy with them

i have no squiers and very happy with that as well
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
Quote by single-coil
i have two fenders and i'm very happy with them

i have no squiers and very happy with that as well

i have 2 fenders which get used less than my 3 squiers
Rig Winter 2017:

Squier Jv's are great, Japanese vintage, not sure about modern ones though, I tried the classic vibe telecaster, but the neck was thin, and it didnt have the sound of say the BAJA.
Yeah some Squier's are worth ALOT of money, we're talking thousands here.
Not only that but Squier standards and customs aint half bad, really.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
i have 3 american fenders which are great, a buddy of mine has a squier strat which is great also. nothing wrong with squiers imo.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by TheQuailman
Squiers are great. I'm gonna stick with my 'expensive shit' though (*points at sig*)

wel wel wel!
WEL **** YOU !

Just kiddin

I have a Vintage modified Fat strat

it iz tha Rokczorz
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by nixhex113
squire 51's are where its at.

discontinued, unfortunately.

I want a classic vibe duo sonic. This guy who made a youtube vid says its a 22.5" scale, not 24" like the website says. If it is, EPIC win, for me.
Rig Winter 2017:

I don't have anything against Squiers, infact, I'm interested in that Duo-Sonic they have out. It's getting great reviews and it looks pretty good to mod up.
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
I don't have anything against Squiers, infact, I'm interested in that Duo-Sonic they have out. It's getting great reviews and it looks pretty good to mod up.

i'll have to check out the fender/squier stand at music live this year and see if i can try one out for myself. not so sure about going based on reviews as the quality control might still be a little iffy. I'm more concerned about it since i saw 2 affinity strats off the same production line with completely different neck profiles, hanging next to each other.

The thing with that is not "omg lol sqiurez sux" though, its more like "find one thats right for you because they are all very different even if they are supposed to be the same model"
Rig Winter 2017:

The responses to this thread are the reason why I've found other guitar forums to frequent.

Too many kids/ass-hats.

For the record, I'd love to pick up a Squier Tele. I wish they made one with a Bigsby.
91 SG Jr.
99 Fender Strat

new Fender Super Champ XD!
Finally some squier love, theres more squiers i want than any other guitar brand really.

The 51, the jagmaster, the duo-sonic, the classic vibe tele, oh yes.
Quote by beckyjc
Finally some squier love, theres more squiers i want than any other guitar brand really.

The 51, the jagmaster, the duo-sonic, the classic vibe tele, oh yes.

apart from the CV tele.. well actually yes i'd like a CV tele too, you just listed my squier GAS though the duo-sonic is top of my list.
Rig Winter 2017:

Some of the Squiers are good, but saying "expensive shit" is overreacting. Gibsons, Rickenbacker, Paul Reed Smiths, a lot of high-end guitars are overpriced, but really, I've played top-of-the-line Squier strats, and I'm not paying the extra for the Fender American Standard I'm getting just for a name. There is a noticeable sound difference between the top-of-the-line Squier strat and an American Standard.

That being said though, for the money Squiers are good guitars, albeit I'd replace the pickups if I got one.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by nixhex113
squire 51's are where its at.

it is indeed. I've had one for 4+ plus years and i still love it..plus, it's a great guitar to mod (not that i'll ever do that, because it was my first electric guitar and ill never sell change it)

I'm still GASing for some other gear though..

that moneterrey strat will be mine someday..
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Lol
with those glasses its like Slozzy Slashbourne
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
XD If Slash begins playing that on tour, I will laugh and cry.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
My music teacher has a Feista Red/Salmon Pink (same thing, if you didn't know already) 80s Squier Strat.

Lucky cunt.

I wouldn't mind an Affinity Strat/Tele though, they kick ass, just to take to school or something. They're fun to play. Or a Classic Vibe series, although that's like a bit more expensive.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Here's a pic of my modded Bullet:

I need to stop messing with it because the screw holes are wearing out of the soft basswood.
Squier MB-4 skull and crossbones bass here. Gets the job done. No complaints. Wanting a Squier strat soon.
^you dirty slat

1. Send pieces to me
2. i recieve
3. i makez guitarz
4. ???
5. Profitz

Clean shed for you and guitar for me
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by SquierLolz
^you dirty slat

1. Send pieces to me
2. i recieve
3. i makez guitarz
4. ???
5. Profitz

Clean shed for you and guitar for me

It's cool, it's in there for the new finish (tung oil) to soak in. Looks really good, if maybe a tad too yellow.

Then the new electronics go in. Then it works again. Peace!
anyone know why the 51' was discontinued? It didn't seem to be having problems with sales..

here's a modders forum dedicated entirely to the '51 (not advertising..but it has some interesting ideas of what to do with it..
http://www.instituteofnoise.com/squier51/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2

and BTW..anyone else think the OBEY series looks awesome?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by MopMaster
The cheap models made by Squier are terrible, but the mid-range ones are ok... as are the old ones.

The difference between the cheap squiers and midrange ones is like $50...

My cousin has a squier, i did a setup for her. That guitar is fast!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
This Squier is my fav electric guitar I've ever owned. I've owned a PRS SE and a few others in the $600 range.

I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

I started out with a Squier Fat Telecaster. The I installed Seymour Duncans: 59T in the neck and Little 59 in the bridge. It's a fantastic guitar. Even today I play it just as much as my Gibson Les Paul.
I've had my Squier Double Fat Strat for like 2 years now, I started playing guitar on it (selftaught) and I've come a long way with it. It plays nice for the money I paid for it. Too bad my Gibson Flying V arrived little over 2 weeks ago, which doesn't necessarily mean I'll be leaving the Squier behind! I love them both :P
Rock on..without hesitation
I recently played a classic vibe 50's strat by squier,it played really nice and had good vintage tone,and for 300 dollars its a steal.I dont understand why some people obsess over the name on the headstock to the point that they forget to judge the guitar for what it is.For the money,squiers are nice guitars IMHO,ill be picking one up to use as a back up soon.
Page 1 of 2