So er, yeah.
Every other guitar brand has one so why not this one?

Anyone use/like Washburn?
Share opinions and stories etc.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
FIRST!! w00t! I AM THE BEST WOOHOOO!!! (JK)

I only have an Ibanez acoustic, but i'm about to buy a Washburn WI66. the one that i have tried out is absolutely great

EDIT: couldnt be happier with my Washburn
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Nov 20, 2008,
i own a washy Idol wi200 Pro E and i freeeking love em
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I'm pretty much going to play nothing else but Washburn in the future I think. They're just such great value here in the UK
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Gregoric, What do you think of your Washburn compared to other guitars? I'm thinking of getting the X50 Pro but I'm also comparing it to some ESP LTD guitars like the MH-400NT, H-500, and their deluxe models.
All the guitars seem to have very similar specs...
my wi66
new pots, big improvement.
Attachments:
wash1.jpg
Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special
Fender Blues Jr
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
My Washburn WI64PL. One of 50 or one of 100 I believe

DiMarzio Super 2 at the Neck, Seymour Duncan Custom at the bridge. I think the VCC is coming out next for conventional pots. Is the 3 way good though?

Plays better than any lower end Gibson, plays as well as any other Gibson. And it was $300..
^I've got that scales book.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I bought this used a couple years ago for about $200. It's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played and after a quick pickup swap, it sounds great

1990 Wasburn KC-40V
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
i have a washburn x-50 in caramel sunburst, its pretty balls tbh been wanting a les paul for ages. I can't seem to find my exact guiar on any online guitar stores anymore, only the x50 pro etc. I like the X inlay 12th fret, would like to install some new pickups, but have no idea how to do it lol or which ones to go for,, but the washburn ones which come on this guitar are pretty shit.

KoL

"Me AnD yOuR cOlD dRiViNg In ThE sNoW, LeT tHe GoOd TiMeS rOLL"
Last edited by grantburgh at Oct 29, 2008,
I have that as well mate its a X50Q well worth the money imo but if i was to buy again I'd get the pro for sure
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
i got a washburn...it sucks but i gave it a new paint job so now at least it looks cool
Guitars:
Epiphone SG G-400
Lyon Washburn Strat

Amps:
Marshall Mg 10cd
Lyon mini amp
Line 6 HD75 half stack

Pedals:
Boss V-wah

Bass:
Squire P-bass
I have a washburn MG-24 mercury series.I cant find any info on it though....
Can anyone tell me what kind of p-ups it has?
Anyway it was my first guitar for about $280.It's older than I am so it's not in very good condition.
Several bits are rusted the pots are ****ed.But it plays well and has a nice sound (I get a very good nirvana tone out of it).So it's definatly a keeper
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I love washburn guitars. I have a Washburn P290. I was at a store today. They had a used MG701 (mercury series). That thing was very comfortable to play. My only complaint(s) would be the Liscensed Floyd Rose and the weight. It is a super-strat, but it weighs as much as a Les Paul.
I have the family heirloom 1988 washburn G5-V. My dad played it for 11 years from 1990 to 2001 when he replaced it with an Ed Roman Pearlcaster for his 40th birthday. Watching him play it was one of the most cherished memories of my childhood. He gave the guitar to my uncle and it sat in his basement for 6 years (he's a drummer so he never used it.)

Christmas last year I went to my uncle's for christmas. after everybody was done opening their presents my uncle brought up this hardshell case with a big ass bow and I sat there for 5 minutes imagining what it might be. When I finally opened the case I nearly shat myself. It was the guitar from my childhood. It was finally mine. I threw a Bill Lawrence XL500 pickup in the bridge position and it has brought me awesome tones and playability ever since. (and it has a bad ass finish I brought it to my guitar teacher and asked if it came with free leather pants)
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by grantburgh
i have a washburn x-50 in caramel sunburst, its pretty balls tbh been wanting a les paul for ages. I can't seem to find my exact guiar on any online guitar stores anymore, only the x50 pro etc. I like the X inlay 12th fret, would like to install some new pickups, but have no idea how to do it lol or which ones to go for,, but the washburn ones which come on this guitar are pretty ****.

Some pickups that would work good are:
Dimarzio SH-6 (midrange crunch)
Bill Lawrence XL-500 (bright crisp bite)
Dimarzio Fred Pickup (Shred-tastic distortion that's not over distorted.)
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by eddiethehead888
Gregoric, What do you think of your Washburn compared to other guitars? I'm thinking of getting the X50 Pro but I'm also comparing it to some ESP LTD guitars like the MH-400NT, H-500, and their deluxe models.
All the guitars seem to have very similar specs...

Well then it's mostly about preferene really, but the washburn is probably alot cheaper for similar equipment.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
This thread needs more posts. A lot more.

Washburn ftw.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by RoamingConflict
This thread needs more posts. A lot more.

Washburn ftw.

amen to that my friend.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Just got an X200 pro and am loving it. Bout all i have to add for now, will post more when i've had it for a few days.
A reviewer said High School Musical is "squeakier than Minnie Mouse at the point of climax" and I couldn't help but indulge my imagination.
Gear:
Washburn X200 Pro with SD's
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
Hello, I am here to unite. I just got my x50 pro FE, with emgs in yesterday. Would have gotten it the other day, but dam ups doesn't run on new years day. The neck on this baby is absolutely fantastic. I am going to drop it off today at a local shop to get it set up properly. I think it came in with 9's and I prefer 11's. I am absolutely loving it though and got it at a fantastic price. This is certainly one of the most underated guitars out there.
Washburn WI66V Pro. Pics once I get it cleaned and all. Beautiful guitar, I got it for £200. I'll be putting in a killswitch and replacing pups with BareKnuckle VHII. It plays so well and has such a great sound.
I'll be getting either an N4 or an N5 once I get the money. Washburn makes such high quality guitars.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I really wanna buy a Wi66 Pro witht he sunburst finish, might have to wait a while though
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Got my x50 pro Fe back from being set up today. This thing is incredible. The neck is amazing and despite what alot of people say, the emgs sound awesome through my little solid state Randall. I really don't understand why this isn't a more popular guitar or why Washburn is not given the credit it deserves.

But here she is.

Is there some kind of washburn expert here?
You know,the kind f person who can tell you that your guitar was made in 1996 purely by looking at a dodgy photo of it off a camera phone?
IF YOU ARE OUT THERE WE NEED YOU!
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.