I have 2 friends who either want or need new pickups. One owns a First Act (First guitar), which has one bridge humbucker pickup. He likes metal, more distorted the better, so I was thinking EMG 89R or 81/85 (whichever is meant for bridge). Possibly 60TW. I think he'll be surprised how much he's not getting from it. My other friend has a Spectrum strat knockoff. He wants humbuckers. I was thinking either SD JB Jr.s or other S-sized humbucker. HELP!
what amp do they use?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
toss those guitars, they're both poo.

you may as well go buy a strat or something from a pawn shop and mod the living hell outta that, it'd be much more rewarding in the end.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by forsaknazrael
+1

Why do they feel they need new pickups?

Strat doesn't like hum. And neither can afford a new guitar. IT's probably a waste of time.
For the hum.. he could wire the middle one in reverse polarity to the other 2 for hum canceling in some positions, right?

And... putting anything in either of those guitars is an absolute waste of money.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yes, and save up for a new amp. i dont care how much cash they have (see bottom of sig) im savin up for an ac15, but i dont have a lot of cash. key word: SAVE
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
^rly? i liked the one i tried, it had ac30 tone w/o the pricetag and inability to play without my parents screaming at me to turn it down....

second choice is a marshall, either jvm or vintage modern, so theres a hell of a gap pricewise there..........
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
tell your friends to save. those aren't good guitars at all, then they would just waste cash on pickups.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC