ok so i went on the lessons up on the stickies. but these lesson however i found un helpful as i dont really know what major scale or minor scale is and i dont understand what intervals and 4/4's can anybody explain this please.

ps i know alot of chords and ive been playing for 3 and half years just learning songs and working on my timing but ive been asked to join a band so this is to improve my knowledge basically

thanx in advance

metallica rule!
Have a look at the Crusade articles by Josh Urban in the columns section, they're a good place to start.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by seljer
scale = a group of notes
interval = the distance between two notes
chord = a (smaller) group of notes played at once
4/4 = probably the most common time signature, its made out of 4 beats

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503032

i know what a damn chord is lol, its just what makes a scale a scale. how do you learn a scale and what makes it major minor dominant or whatever
Do you really know what a chord is? Or do you just know how to play a chord...because what makes a scale a scale is exactly the same as what makes a chord a chord.

Now, do as i suggested and read the Crusade articles because they should answer all your questions.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by gooooog
i know what a damn chord is lol, its just what makes a scale a scale. how do you learn a scale and what makes it major minor dominant or whatever

how to learn a scale? learn the intervals and know to construct it in the key of your choice

I'm not sure if i'm 100% accurate in the way I see things but...
minor scales = you can construct a minor triad on the root note
major scales = you can construct a major triad on the root note

of course, then you also have the natural minor and the major scale which would be would probably be what most people mean when they mention one or the other

dominant = you can construct a dominant chord on the root note of the scale
I recommend you get a teacher, if you haven't already got one.
It'll start to make a lot more sense.