Yesterday I finally got my first real Fender Stratocaster
It feels weird having one after four years of dreaming about owning a proper Fender strat. That was two or three months before I even started playing

Anyways, I decided on a Classic Player '60 strat in sexy-as-hell Sonic Blue and I'm loving it deeply. Can't keep my hands off the thing It really delivers on clean chords and blues, tune half a step down and you're in instant Stevie Ray Vaughan heaven

And now for some pics because 'new xxx day' threads are worthless without 'em

The gear is in the profile.
You know you want to take a look

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Strat-mangling, echo-eating janglefan σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by Lauke_101 at Oct 20, 2008,
Damn, something must've went wrong while uploading, my internet connection seems to have a will of its own today.

I'll try uploading to a different site then

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I spy a rosewood fingerboard. Ew.

Nice guitar from what I can see. Dig the blue.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Tada, there she is

Hatebreeder: Rosewood is cool :p Not that I hate maple.. but rosewood is 60s and I 60s

EDIT: On the first picture I just misread Laney as 'Larry' O.o

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by Lauke_101 at Oct 19, 2008,
I'm thinking about one of these for my next guitar it looks great. Hope it serves you well!
how much did u pay for that?? Sweet axe dude!
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
that thing is beautiful dude, congrats.
and i like rosewood on strat better than maple, i think it's just because I've been using them all my guitar playing carreer, because when ever i play a strat with maple, i feel like im naked....its weird
Quote by 666-JoE-666
how much did u pay for that?? Sweet axe dude!

I paid €649,00 ($873,00) with a free pair of straplocks and the Fender gigbag included of course

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Sexy, wouldve looked nicer with maple IMO (but every guitar generally does IMO), i love the colour, i was expecting some really toyish looking deep blue finish, but thats seriously beatufiull and the aged look on the guard goes really well.

Hope you enjoy it. =)
I'm really in love with the combination of the pale blue and the mint green pickguard, the Fender tweed strap compliments it even more.

I'm enjoying it a lot, the tone and playabilty are as much to die for as the looks are =)

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Digging that Amp, I want it :P Even though I'll probably be stuck with getting a VC30,

Looks sexy as anything man, and good sign not being able to put it down :P
Lucky Man :P

Edit: Rosewood is the bomb aswell, I feel like there is something missing from the fret board if it's maple
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Sweet Stratocaster man. Play the friggin hell out it, make it scream.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
awesome , very very beautiful ! with maple fingerboard, would be better looking

Congrats!
Quote by kckyle
wait is that mexican or american. the neck totally thrown me off, really nice

It's Mexican, but I honestly prefer it to an American Standard. I could have bought one of those second hand but I find the modern strats to sound a bit thin, the vintage style models have more character. Forking out €1400,00 for a vintage reissue is a bit too much for me though, so I settled on this one

Scrubs: Nothing wrong with a VC30 It's a completely different animal than the VC50, which is a 50 watt combo version of the VH100R. Clean it sounds pretty much like a Fender, the distortion channel is Marshallish but with more (useable) gain. The VC30 sounds more Vox-like and is perfect for cleans, blues and classic rock. Both are great amps

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Very nice. I almost bought that same exact model last year.
Great axe, man!

I played a really similar one the other day at our local store and it felt great.

Hope it screams as nice as it looks.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
dude thats a wicked looking strat man..... I've herd many awesome things about classic players 60s strats
I'm drooling.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Nice! Strats are ****ing awesome, I have an American Deluxe, and I just adore it.

Congratz!!!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Lauke_101

Scrubs: Nothing wrong with a VC30 It's a completely different animal than the VC50, which is a 50 watt combo version of the VH100R. Clean it sounds pretty much like a Fender, the distortion channel is Marshallish but with more (useable) gain. The VC30 sounds more Vox-like and is perfect for cleans, blues and classic rock. Both are great amps

Ahhh right thanks man, I've been looking for some advice on both, cause well the Vc 50 I've heard great things about, and been wondering if I should just look for one second hand, rather than a new Laney VC30. But thanks

Sorry to hijack

Free Bump ?
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
Looks great!
I can't see myself with a strat in sonic blue, but I can't deny it's a great colour, I'll stick to sunburst, emerald greenburst, red and natural

You best play the hell outta that!
And the amp too
That is a very nice classic players strat. I bet it sounds great through old Larry! I think we just re-named your amp. Cheers!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.