I get this weird sound when try to play individual notes quickly that I get before I even pick the note. It's like, high pitched, I think it might actually be the natural harmonic. Some frets do this and some don't, but I find that a lot do. Is it a technique problem or a guitar problem? I'd bet it means I have to re-learn everything technique wise, just my luck.
Do you play with your amp when it happens? And is your distortion on? If you don't play with your amp, it's the note on the other side of your finger you hear. If it is with your amp, and your dist is on, it's probably natural harmonics
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

What do you mean note on the other side of my finger? I'm positive this isn't pinch harmonics.

I am not playing with my amp.
Quote by Toniofalcon
What do you mean note on the other side of my finger? I'm positive this isn't pinch harmonics.

I am not playing with my amp.

the side going from the fret to the headstock as opposed to the fret to the bridge...i think
practise, i had that too, nothing to do with the guitar, its how you move your fingers but lowering your action could help