Page 1 of 3
Halo everybody Ive just finnished recording my brand new song Schwartze Katze! Its a heavy solid rock song with a lot of different approches! C4C The song is on www.myspace.com/philipkarlsson Please Comment!
Last edited by Satriani_is_God at Oct 19, 2008,
Hell of a lot better than me, that's for sure, I really like the composition style of it. I dont like the wah all that much, but the riffing is killer, not to mention the cleaner parts are sick, you're a really good player from what I'm hearing.
Quote by Eric 666
Hell of a lot better than me, that's for sure, I really like the composition style of it. I dont like the wah all that much, but the riffing is killer, not to mention the cleaner parts are sick, you're a really good player from what I'm hearing.

Thank you for your crit Which wah wah part do you mean? Im the bass player as well as the "drummer"
****ing badass man! theres that little run of shred that ends on an odd note though. Youa re an excellent player (y)
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Fantastic. Only word to describe it really. All instruments can easily be heard, tone was good, and the riffing/playing was tight. Can really hear the Satriani influence here. Also love the Buckethead'esque tapping at the end. 9.9/10.

Thanks for the crit btw.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by jammin24
****ing badass man! theres that little run of shred that ends on an odd note though. Youa re an excellent player (y)
Please tell my which run you mean My guess is that you mean the phrygian dominant run that i end on the "dominant" note. I took inspiration from yngwie malmsteens blitzkrieg on that figure. If it sounds like a miss or something i will defently change it thanks in advance!
Quote by mogar
Fantastic. Only word to describe it really. All instruments can easily be heard, tone was good, and the riffing/playing was tight. Can really hear the Satriani influence here. Also love the Buckethead'esque tapping at the end. 9.9/10.

Thanks for the crit btw.

Thank you so much Rock on dude!
sounds good man keep it up
"Through every dark night there is a bright day after that so no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it."
Quote by Satriani_is_God
Thank you for your crit Which wah wah part do you mean? Im the bass player as well as the "drummer"

Just the wah from the beginning until the middle of the song, there was a lot of good musicality covered in those areas and I feel it was hidden behind the wah pedal, so if you could have toned it down a bit, it would have shown how cool the melody lines behind it were.
Nice job! I really don't have much to crit. Great, great guitar playing. Cool tune, nice dynamics and your technique is damn good, especially because of your age! I'm a huge fan of the wah too. Well done.

Cheers,
J
Quote by jayr123guitar
Nice job! I really don't have much to crit. Great, great guitar playing. Cool tune, nice dynamics and your technique is damn good, especially because of your age! I'm a huge fan of the wah too. Well done.

Cheers,
J

Thank you so much haha good to hear that everybody have some different opinions
wow, sound like something i would be expecting to hear in some classic metal album
truly awesome
keep it up
Quote by Darknives
wow, sound like something i would be expecting to hear in some classic metal album
truly awesome
keep it up

Thank you so much I think its a kind of crazy mix to take these different approches or what do you think? xD
That's very Steve Vai influenced, maybe a bit too much. But its good, now you've got the talent you should try finding your own sound, cause it really sounded like steve vai was playing
Quote by Sguit
That's very Steve Vai influenced, maybe a bit too much. But its good, now you've got the talent you should try finding your own sound, cause it really sounded like steve vai was playing

What a huge compliment.

Great song! Very Satch influenced! Great work!
Quote by Sguit

haha thank you very much, I dont know what to say, but its a warming comment that it really sounded like Steve Vai was playing. When i recorded it I wanted the first "verse" to be very Steve Vai like (the wha wha part) You know with the tapping and bends. You think all parts of the song sound like Vai? :O Anyway thanks for the crit and I will think about some more origanality!
Quote by supralightning
Very well done. It sounds like you will do quite well for yourself playing like that. Excellent composition and even better technique. All I can say is keep doing what you do man.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=980796

Thank you I wish I could manage by playing music but im afraid its impossible Thanks for the crit I will continue
Thanks for the crit.. I have to say awesome track.. love your tone..reminds me I've gotta buy a decent amp lol.. the wah sounded nice too.. Killer riffs.. great leads.. the section at 1.56 and the licks at 2.34 and 2.57 are just pure gold. More of this please..

Just like to add I loving Clarity. Great track.
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Last edited by yoyo9333 at Oct 22, 2008,
Quote by yoyo9333
Thanks for the crit.. I have to say awesome track.. love your tone..reminds me I've gotta buy a decent amp lol.. the wah sounded nice too.. Killer riffs.. great leads.. the section at 1.56 and the licks at 2.34 and 2.57 are just pure gold. More of this please..

Just like to add I loving Clarity. Great track.

Thank you so f*ing much haha those licks are my attempts to "think outside the box" So glad that you liked it I will defenently put in som more crazyness in my heavier songs if you think its successfull Chers!
You've gotta be a little crazy. lol "thinking outside the box" That's where genius comes from. This song is probely the best thing I heard on UG.
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Quote by yoyo9333
You've gotta be a little crazy. lol "thinking outside the box" That's where genius comes from. This song is probely the best thing I heard on UG.

Haha Seriously? :O Thank you so much! Made my dag!
sounds great bro, definitely tell you like satriani a lot, your style screams it. i hate the wah, i dont think your tone goes very well with it, or the way its played, or how its mixed or something. keep it up. check out my stuff some time

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983647
Quote by LP Addict
sounds great bro, definitely tell you like satriani a lot, your style screams it. i hate the wah, i dont think your tone goes very well with it, or the way its played, or how its mixed or something. keep it up. check out my stuff some time

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983647

Okay its so fun that everyone got so different opinons So whick wah wah part do you mean? Thanks for the crit its taken Will crit yourse aswell
Nice dude, thanks for listening to my song! Your damn good, i listened to all your songs. You should check out some of the blues improv songs in my profile..tell me what you think
Quote by lucascrouse
Nice dude, thanks for listening to my song! Your damn good, i listened to all your songs. You should check out some of the blues improv songs in my profile..tell me what you think

Thank you Will do!
Thats a great track you must be pleased with it. How long did you work on that piece?
Quote by stujomo
Thats a great track you must be pleased with it. How long did you work on that piece?

Thank you Yeah it seems like some people like it so Im quite pleased Not so long actually most of this song just came naturally. The recordings are like 2 or 3 takes
Nice man I love it. Crank that lead more for most of the time and add bass to hit those lower notes.

I was just listening more I love this shit I love when you get all jazzy at like 2:40

You clearly are a Kiki Valerio fan if you arent you should be because you play really similar stuff to him.

Michael Corley
Last edited by silentdud at Oct 25, 2008,
Sweet man with other swedes on the web.
How old are you?

Great song, hope we meet some day!
Quote by silentdud
Nice man I love it. Crank that lead more for most of the time and add bass to hit those lower notes.

I was just listening more I love this shit I love when you get all jazzy at like 2:40

You clearly are a Kiki Valerio fan if you arent you should be because you play really similar stuff to him.

Michael Corley

Thanks a lot man Actually I have no idea who Kiki Valeiro is :O any songs? I think the jazz aproche is something to follow up thank you!
I loved it. I could definitely hear your influences(vai satch) come through in the leads. Very impressed. Good job!
Quote by ColinMacIsaac0
I loved it. I could definitely hear your influences(vai satch) come through in the leads. Very impressed. Good job!

Thank you very much dude Yeah they are big influences in my playing! haha glad you liked it
Quote by Braincheese
Cool I just got 18.
You have a youtube profile? Add me:
www.youtube.com/prantare

Okey will do Do you know any cool festival in sweden that would like this kind of music?
Nicely done.
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Page 1 of 3