If I want to be Jim Morrison for halloween, what are some key features?

Page 1 of 2
I'm going to a halloween party and haven't come up with any costume ideas I like but I just thought, maybe I could pull off Jim Morrison. I have the hair length, I'll just have to curl it to the proper degree. I'll have to shave . I have a good pair of rock-star shiny black pants. Other than that, I'm thinking a necklace, a shiny black sweater and some kind of jacket but I'm not sure exactly what. Any advice?

EDIT: Also I know nothing about hair styling so advice there would be appreciated too.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Last edited by Schneiderman at Oct 19, 2008,
You need to be pretty drugged up and speak with a pleasing baritone.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
A coffin

I kid, but serial..

Tight jeans, the hair's important, and also a pair of Aviators.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by blynd_snyper
You need a weird naked indian to follow you around.

I was totally gunna go there.

TS just watch Wayne's World.
Carry around a bottle of Jack Daniels
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by EEE_ELLL_OHH
I was totally gunna go there.

TS just watch Wayne's World.

Wayne's World 2 isn't it?
Quote by armon77
laughed at something in class a little too hard, then let loose a sonic boom of a fart.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You need to be pretty drugged up and speak with a pleasing baritone.

This.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Fat, bearded and dead.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
you need to dress as a pretentious, self loving, overrated waste of talent and you'll have it nailed
pink floyd are better than you
Crocodile skin, everywhere.

That's why they call him the lizard king right?

Quote by syds-sanity
you need to dress as a pretentious, self loving, overrated waste of talent and you'll have it nailed

Gtfo.

Douchebag.
Quote by syds-sanity

I don't really want to copy your style.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Ask the naked Indian in your sleep, He'll know what to do.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Halloween? HAHAHAHA.

The reason I laugh is because I know a kid who was infatuated with Jim, and he actually dressed as him on a daily basis. Down to a T. Loose dress shirt, leather pants that he bought for $110, cowboy boots, aviators, and his hair was perfect. Frig, now I must try and find a picture. Let me see what I can do.

Alright, I couldn't find him dressed as Jim, but here he is pretending to strike a pose. For you hardcore Doors fans, you'll see what he did here. :P
Last edited by XxGibsonSGxX at Oct 19, 2008,
Can someone remind me why people like the Doors? I think their music is pretentious and boring.
Well, I think they're pretty cool. Not my favourite band, but I just like Manzarek on the keyboards, and Krieger's fingerstyle/flamenco playing. Plus, Jim's got a cool voice. I don't really understand some of their songs, however.
Alright, I couldn't find him dressed as Jim, but here he is pretending to strike a pose. For you hardcore Doors fans, you'll see what he did here. :P

Hardly...

Can someone remind me why people like the Doors? I think their music is pretentious and boring.

I like them but Ill admit most doors fans Ive met are gimps... its gotten to the point were Ill deliberatly avoid bringing them up in conversation.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Just make yourself really, really overrated.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by al112987

I love the doors (actually one of my favorite bands), and I think it was more about Jim Morrison than the actual band. You have to watch him on stage, the way he performs....he was a great poet, and really put his soul into his music. When I think about Morrison, or Cobain, or Hendrix, I think of the epitome of musicianship. Those guys really put there whole hearts into there work, and nothing less.

I can see how someone would find there music "boring" though, just like someone would listen to the blues and say the same thing. I don't know what you listen to, but if you like a lot of heavier bands, chances are your not gonna wanna listen to The Doors at all.

TS, I approve of you wanting to be Jim for halloween, I think its an awesome idea. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing, kudos to you
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
You have to be severely intoxicated and make sure you call everyone you see a moron.

Also, make sure that people only refer to you as the Lizard King.
Wow, I'm pretty surprised by some of the posts in this thread, I thought people on here had respect for and admired The Doors, unfortunately not, I guess.

Going as the Lizard King wouldn't be doing Jim much of a favor, as he wanted that whole side of him to be forgotten, and just have people look into his heart and like him for what's inside, not because of his sexy appearance. But, I guess if you dressed up like him in his last years, nobody would know who you're supposed to be.

And in defense of The Doors, people listen to them because they want to get something from music. Jim Morrison was a poet, his lyrics were meaningful and full of emotion. I've spoken to plenty of Literature teachers, and they all know Jim Morrison and are still a fan of The Doors from when they grew up until adulthood, and have forgotten most of the other bands they grew up listening to.

Are The Doors for everyone? No. But calling their music boring is complete ignorance. Most people are only familiar with songs like "Break on Through", "Light my Fire," and "Touch Me", which, in all fairness, are catchy songs, but a true fan realizes that these songs have in some ways created a bad rep for them, because of people only associating The Doors with "Come on baby, light my fire". Don't judge a band by their hit songs.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse (MIM)
Vox AC15C1
why is that? It's just an opinion, the first time I heard the Doors was when I was 14 and a friend of mine was obsessed with that song "The End", I'm sorry, maybe I don't understand Morrison's poetry or something but it completely put me to sleep after about 3 minutes of it.
To not be him. Don't try. He's too cool for you.

He's not some ****in' ghost to dress yourself as on halloween in my opinion. Just go as you usually look. I'm sure it'll work just fine.

Quote by al112987

I think you're stupid. That's just my opinion and I'm sure you won't care. But in my eyes it's true.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Imagine that, a fan of the Doors thinks I'm stupid because I think a certain band's music is pretentious and boring.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 19, 2008,
Quote by al112987
why is that? It's just an opinion, the first time I heard the Doors was when I was 14 and a friend of mine was obsessed with that song "The End", I'm sorry, maybe I don't understand Morrison's poetry or something but it completely put me to sleep after about 3 minutes of it.

Judging by this post, I'd just assume you are an average head banging metal fanatic who doesn't care what the song's about, as long as it's loud enough. (Which is fine, I'm just not into that stuff.) But after viewing your profile it seems as if The Doors would fit perfectly into your favorite bands list. You listen John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers? I think I know about 2 people at my school who have heard of them. I think it's great that you listen to bands like that, but the thing is you're calling The Doors boring when other bands you have listed in your profile are actually very similar sounding at it's core.

And I'm not sure as to how you can find "The End" a boring piece of music. Sure it's lengthy and the verses go on and on, but that's the point. Each verse rises with intensity and Morrison's voice gets stronger and stronger, as it sets itself up for the climax, which is done brilliantly. I just love the way that song changes tone so dramatically, going from slower to verses to him speaking an improvised line about Oedipus, then him practically having sex during the song, and the way the release is done with the different instruments getting louder and then vanishing, I love it.

Maybe you need to see the song in a different light, that is, if you're willing to give The Doors a chance. Try reading the lyrics, think about what he's saying, read about it, imagine it as just being a piece of poetry and then listen to it and see how they fit the lyrics into a song. Or even watch the first 10 minutes of "Apocalypse Now" and watch how the song fits magnificently into Francis Ford Coppola's unique style of cross-fading sequences in the Vietnam War.
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse (MIM)
Vox AC15C1
Quote by syds-sanity

**** you. The Doors make some trippy mother ****ing music man
Quote by al112987
Imagine that, a fan of the Doors thinks I'm stupid because I think a certain band's music is pretentious and boring.

You like Lil Wayne and you think Jim Morrison's music is boring?!

Talk about boring ****ing lyrics, a retarded monkey could come up with better words.
carry around a gallon of red wine and take a few tabs of acid. run around talking about things people dont really get but is awsome at the same time. get leather pants and a loose button down hemp shirt. and you pretty much got it to a tee.
Quote by blynd_snyper
You need a weird naked indian to follow you around.

WINNER
+50 style points for Wayne's World 2 reference, watched it just yesterday.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Page 1 of 2