Hey I'm thinking of getting a new guitar, most likely the ESP KH-202 or ESP EC-200, maybe even an HSS Strat but I digress

All that I really know about the Floyd Rose bridge is that it's a pain in the ass to tune and change strings.
Why is it a pain in the ass?
Is it true that you can only change one string at a time?
It really isn't that bad, once you get used to it.
I've had the ESP MH-103QM for about 6 months now. When I first got it, I got fairly pissed off with the FR bridge because I couldn't figure out how to tune it.
But ESP includes a little booklet with their guitars that tells you exactly how to change strings and adjust the FR. I've figured out how to make it so I can play in E standard and drop D without loosening anyof the locking nuts.
And you can really change as many strings as you want at a time- I've had zero problems with the neck warping or anything.
I can change a full set of strings in about 10 minutes. So it's really not that bad once you get down to it.
You need at least one string on it to keep the bridge from falling out, it has nothing to do with the truss rod. And it can be a pain from time to time, but it's well worth it, especially if you get a good one.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by dnamra13
floyd roses are **** unless you are a guitar tech

Being a guitar tech has nothing to do with it.
Just have some patience. It's ain't that hard.
And it's worth to be able to do Dimebag squeels.
And dive bombs that don't throw you out of tune, and note flutters, and vibrato on 6-string chords....

I'm not a guitar tech, and I ONLY play guitars with Floyds.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores