I said in an earlier thread that i might change my deluxe jazz for a p bass.
Would I be losing out on this as there is no deluxe p bass and should I get the vintage modified or classic vibe?
(I want the punchy punk/hard rock tone if that would make the decision easier.)
well there are things like precision bass specials that have activ electrics. But ya get a vm and put an active preamp in there but i wouldnt change from jazz to pre if i were you.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
ok thats understandable. well then pick up a vintage modified precision drill some holes and put an aquilar preamp in there.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
why does he need a preamp? and also... wouldn't a bass that already has a preamp be a little smarter?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I cant afford a preamp, Im not that fussed about it either. One thing I learnt due to my current bass is that preamps are completely unecessary. You'll get much better sound with a passive bass and a good amp. The problem with the Deluxe is its all gadgets and no quality. The fretboard is made of plastic for christ's sake.
I'll narrow down my question:

Vinage Modified Precision or Classic Vibe Precision?
I trust VM a little more. try both though.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
why does he need a preamp? and also... wouldn't a bass that already has a preamp be a little smarter?

Well because he said he wanted a deluxe p bass but they didnt make one. So i presumed he was after a bass with p pickups and active preamp. so thats for my comments

i cant think of any cheap p bass's with a preamp in
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I would go with the vm precision but try the cv because I've never had experience with them so I don't know how they compare.
I own a VM P myself and it's even better than I imagined... I never played a CV, but people keep telling me the CVs cost too much for what they offer, so I went with the VM...

I play this sweet thing with Flats and I wet myself everytime I pick it up Great tone for little cash. Can't go wrong with that one.
Quote by Spaz91
^^^ Ahhhh thats what I wanted to hear.

Yes, but I wouldn't be able to stand a precision with flats. Remember to try it out before you get it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
VM p and CV are similar quality or maybe the same both great and better than MIM fenders, IMO VM are better, more modern sounding than CV but the bridges on CVs are damn great
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
KK, VM Precision it is! (It looks better anyway...)

Now I need to get my bass valued. I dont suppose anyone knows how much ill get for a Squier Deluxe Jazz Active 5 String? Slight dent in one of the tuners, fretboard fogged up within a week but polishing might help.
Quote by gm jack
Yes, but I wouldn't be able to stand a precision with flats. Remember to try it out before you get it.

Who said he has to play with Flats as well?

If my VM was stolen, I'd most definitely buy one again...